Substorm is a company with business within the intelligent automation, robotics and machine learning area. We are a fast-moving company that create value and impact in our customer’s day to day work through intelligent automation. We love to drive change and are eager to co-create benefits. We make our customer’s work more fun while we ourselves have fun. We have offices from Luleå in the north to Gothenburg in the south. Now we are looking for more sharp developers within the automation area that wants to join us in our fast-growing business.
Substorm consists of developers, business analysts as well as automation strategists. We organize our work based on the customer’s need but preferably we deliver as a team. Technology is in our backbone, but we always adjust to our customers actual need. Our day to day work is pacey and exciting with a lot of heart and engagement. Conferences overseas, after works and other more or less spontaneous events spices up our work - and we have a lot of fun together!
We are now looking for Senior Data Engineers to join our team.
You will work with data processing and data warehousing and help build our infrastructure for use both as stand-alone services and as part of bigger Machine Learning projects. You will be part of implementing the architecture enabling our data science projects, our business reporting requirements and our visualization needs.
We believe that you have worked as a Data Engineer for a few years and that you have previous experience of consulting in the field. You have a university degree in data engineering, computer science, machine learning or other relevant fields, or have proven experience achieved by other means. We also believe that you:
- Hold previous experience in building, improving, and monitoring data pipelines (ETL/ELT) for big data environments and enabling machine learning
- Have good knowledge of several of the technologies/systems: SQL, NoSQL, Docker/Kubernetes, Prometheus, Grafana, HBase, Cassandra
- Are comfortable working with cloud-based platforms like GCP/Big Query, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake, Microsoft Azure Synapse, or similar
- Have solid experience in ETL/ELT, Data Warehouse modeling techniques like star and snowflake schemas, and SQL transformations using frameworks like DBT, Dataform, or similar
- Have an agile mindset and know and care about a CI/CD way of working
It is a plus if you have knowledge of Machine Learning tools and algorithms, and experience in building and designing large scale end-to-end applications and services.
As a person, you are enterprising, solution-oriented and caring. You can explain business value and benefits with your ideas and solutions in a professional way.
As a person you are also prestigeless, have a go-ahead attitude and want to be a good colleague. You are a true team player, love helping others and are always ready for learning new technologies and skills.
Our company is growing thus offer opportunities for great variety in your work.