5G is happening now and disclosing every day new opportunities! Do you want to be a ICT Network Engineer and help craft the future of the 5G Packet Core community at Ericsson in Gothenburg?
We at Ericsson Packet Core (PC) in Lindholmen are now looking for a talented Engineer wanting to join our team! Our headquarters is based in Gothenburg, but we also have offices in Stockholm, Shanghai and Madrid as well as strong dependencies to our operations in Budapest, Beijing and Bangalore.
We are currently searching for a skilled, self-motivated Network Engineer to our Test Framework team supporting our cross functional development and runway teams in the Packet Core organization. Your team possesses a broad understanding of our lab and test environment area. The team also works according to scrum principals (cross-functional, self-organizing and highly independent) with a close collaboration with their Operational Product Owner.
Responsibilities & Tasks
Together with your team, responsible for the test framework environment used to verify the quality of our products, as well as supporting tools and applications.
Within the above area you:
- Perform continuous analysis and requirement handling.
- Design, configure, integrate and maintain the cloud native cluster used for test channel orchestration.
- Maintain a stable environment and strive to optimize the network elements and solutions
- Develop, test, and review new features as well as updates.
- Perform troubles Shooting and support.
- Drive continuous improvements of products, tools and processes.
- Respond to technical support queries and provide solutions
- Are Skilled with data communication and networking.
- Are experienced with Scrum or similar frameworks, understand its importance for the team, the product, and the customer.
- Value getting your work reviewed by your peers and reviewing the work your peers produce.
- Value sharing your knowledge with the team and don't mind hesitate to ask asking when you need to learn about something.
- Are a good learner and can “pick up” applications that are new to you to chip in to the team responsibilities and go beyond when needed.
- Know of the importance of fixing bugs and providing quality support to people using the applications that your team produces.
- Enjoy communication and synchronization with other people.
- Thrive with solving problems, seeing them as opportunities.
- Can prioritize and make decisions whenever needed.
- High understanding of data communications and networking, including routing protocols such as BGP, routing contexts/VRFs, and switching in a mixed IPv4/IPv6 environment.
- Good troubleshooting skills in both physical and virtual networks.
- Good command of Linux
- Good documentation and presentation skills
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
What makes you stand-out:
- Experience with Packet Core products
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience working with integrating applications installed on virtualization platforms such as OpenStack and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge on Containers, docker, Jenkins, Mesos
- You have experience with working in an Agile
- Experience with GIT
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- BSc or MSc level or the equivalent level of knowledge
- Good English language skills, both verbal and written
What´s in it for you
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo, but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless.
What happens once you apply?
To prepare yourself for next steps, please explore here: https://www.ericsson.com/en/careers/job-opportunities/hiring-process
Location for this role: Göteborg, Sweden
Recruiter: Anna Magnusson ([email protected])
This position reports to: RnD Manager Test Framework
Please send in your application in English as soon as possible since the process is ongoing.
Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.
Curious to know more about the life at Ericsson? Meet some of your future colleagues and watch our People film
Do you believe that an organization fostering an environment of cooperation and collaboration to execute with speed creates better business value? Do you value a culture of humanness, where fact based decisions are important and our people are encouraged to speak up? Do you believe that diverse, inclusive teams drive performance and innovation? At Ericsson, we do.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law or Ericsson’s Code of Business Ethics.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || || Göteborg || [[mfield2]]