Join us on our journey to become the European streaming champ! With ambitions to grow Viaplay into 10 new markets in the next 5 years. Viaplay is part of Nordic Entertainment Group, the Nordic region’s leading streaming and entertainment provider. We entertain millions of people every day with our Streaming services, radio networks, TV and production companies. We make life more entertaining by telling stories, touching lives and expanding worlds – from live sports, movies and series to music and original shows. We’re a vibrant, upbeat and passionate company and encouraging our people to step out of the box with fresh ideas to stay ahead of the rest.
As we are a truly data driven company and continue to reinforce our focus on analytics, we are now looking to strengthen our Data team with a talented and driven Data Engineer.
As a Data Engineer with Viaplay you will join our Data Science Team which is a central initiative supporting Nordic Entertainment Group, that includes companies and services such as Viaplay and Viafree. The Data Science Team provides our commercial and product departments with solutions for our data lake, product embellishment and analytics. We have a solid and mature Big Data architecture hosted in AWS Cloud and we work in an open source environment, primarily with Java Spark, Python and Scalato a certain extent.
You will join a kick-ass Data Engineering team and should be prepared for some solid teamwork in a solutions-driven environment. By joining us today we offer:
- An agile way of working where each member has an equal say and direct effect on the way of working.
- Interesting and large amounts of data that come from our streaming services.
- A growing, well-versed and brilliant Data Science team with 14 different nationalities spread into 4 sub-teams in a total of 22 people.
The challenge ahead
- You will be a key resource in our mission to build and maintain our data lake.
- You will drive changes in our development processes that affect business decisions.
- You will engineer solutions which will in turn enhance features in the services such as our recommendation engine as part of our Product Intelligence initiative.
- You will be a part of driving change to our data lake architecture to propel the solution to further levels
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone that is into working with the deep techy parts of Data Science. We believe that you are currently either working as a Data Engineer, or as a Software Engineer and want to learn more about Big Data and its principles.
Successful candidates also meet the following requirements:
- Solid work life experience with Java Development
- Knowledge or interest in Big Data Architecture
- Interest in the inner workings of the ETL process and software development.
- Interest in the holistic perspective, the end result and how your work will impact the users.
- Willingness to share knowledge
- A good attitude, sense of humor, and ability to work humbly with others in a creative team environment
Bonus qualifications that makes you stand out from the rest
- Experience working with cloud tech, specifically experience in Amazon AWS and it’s plethora of services.
- Experience of working in Big Data development projects
- Strong experience in handling and fetching everything from traditional, relational data to semi- or unstructured data
- Experience working with Spark
- EXASOL or any other databases.
- Knowledge in SQL.
- Knowledge in Scala.
- A dedication to testing, code review and other quality-oriented practices and supporting workflows are also highly valued.
We offer you
- Freedom to try out new things and independent decision-making by our autonomous teams.
- We build everything in-house with cutting edge technologies.
- We inspire others and share knowledge openly.
- A place to grow and learn from our mistakes.
- We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training and regular internal technical talks.
- An innovative environment with hack days two times a year.
- An international and diverse environment with people from all over the world working here. We have 35+ different nationalities in the office coming from different backgrounds.
- An attractive offer with a beneficial occupational pension plan, insurance plan, health care, 30 days of paid vacation, flexible work hours and parental leave pay lift.
Our HQ is in Stockholm, but our market is the Nordics. You will become part of an amazing company with great people, content and culture. If this feels like your kind of challenge, please apply and attach your CV or LinkedIn profile.
Nordic Entertainment Group (NENT Group) is committed to equality and diversity and we welcome applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and marital status. We want to make sure your recruitment experience is the best it can be – so, if you’re selected for an interview, please let us know if there are any adjustments we can make that would be helpful for you.
NENT Group is the Nordic region’s leading entertainment provider. We entertain millions of people every day with our streaming services, TV channels and radio stations, and our production companies create exciting content for media companies around the world. We make life more entertaining by enabling the best and broadest experiences – from live sports to movies to series to music and our own original shows.