- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Come build the future of entertainment with us. Are you interested in shaping the future of live streamed events? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching?
Prime Video is a premium streaming service that offers customers a vast collection of TV shows, movies and live sports - all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place. We offer customers thousands of popular movies and TV shows from Originals and Exclusive content to exciting live sports events. We also offer our members the opportunity to subscribe to add-on channels which they can cancel at anytime and to rent or buy new release movies and TV box sets on the Prime Video Store. Prime Video is a fast-paced, growth business - available in over 240 countries and territories worldwide. The team works in a dynamic environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on.
A day in the life
As a software developer on Sye backend, you will take a leading role to reinvent and improve the components providing live streaming capabilities to end user applications. You will work with the team of talented engineers and use modern technology to shape our services.
About the hiring group
In this role, you will be joining the Stockholm-based live low latency streaming team. We deliver Sye, a revolutionary streaming platform primarily used for live sporting events. Our ambition is to drastically improve the customer experience of watching live streams by providing minimal latency and synchronized playback to all viewers across the globe. You will join a team where everyone shares a common interest in distributed backend systems, their scalability, security and continued development.
You will work as part of one of our small Agile teams, launching and growing new initiatives for Amazon's global business. As an engineer, you can be involved in every aspect of the process - from idea generation, business analysis and technical design through to development and deployment across a variety of technologies - giving you a real sense of ownership. Together we build systems which meet high standards of performance and reliability and operate at massive scale.
- Knowledge of computer science fundamentals including a broad range of algorithms and data-structures.
- Proficient in at least one of Typescript, Java, Go or Rust;
- Strong knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers in all aspects of their engineering skillsets
- Algorithms, data-structures, efficiency, concurrency, performance optimization
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Ability to deal with ambiguous/undefined problems
- Experience in developing and maintaining distributed backend systems
- Experience in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience in video streaming applications
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.