- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Sinch brings businesses and people closer though APIs and web services. We are a leading global Communication Platform as a Service (CPaaS) provider, offering messaging, voice and video communication solutions to a large global customer base. Our APIs and the platform deal with over 40 billion engagements annually. So how do we use machine learning? Well the short answer to that question is: in any way it can provide value for our customers! We use Machine Learning (ML) to optimize our platform and to help our customers gain insights about their consumers, we use Natural Language Processing (NLP) to power some of the mobile messaging services we offer.
This is just the beginning. We can do lots more and we need more ML Engineering talent to make it happen!
The essence of the role
Think of this team as Sinch's Machine Learning incubation engine! We are determined to learn more from our data to provide even better services, products and insights to our customers. This is where we first try out crazy new ideas on how to use ML to solve the real life problems we see. When we have done an initial prototype we hand over the projects to other teams in the organization - that means your role also includes educating others about machine learning. This is a new team, currently made up of five Machine Learning engineers and led by our Director of Engineering in Machine Learning and AI. But when we say "led by", that doesn't mean you will be told what to do. This team has a lot of freedom to set up their own ways of working and focus on the projects and tasks they see are most important to do to add value to the organization and our clients.
As our ML Engineer you will:
- Experiment with, apply and benchmark new ML algorithms
- You set up proof-of-concepts and bring those to the product
- Productize cutting-edge research
- Deploy machine learning code in the cloud
- You actively keep your eye out for new and emerging machine learning solutions that might add value to the products and/or the customers
- You bring your ideas to the table to create value for our customers
Who are you?
This job isn’t for everyone. If you don’t like collaborating, if you dislike communicating, if you just want to build what you are told, or if working on challenging machine learning problems isn’t your thing, that’s OK. But this is probably not the role for you. However, if you are up for a varying and challenging role, like to work in a close knit team to solve problems and find ways to make an impact with ML then you should definitely apply!
In order to contribute in this role:
- You have worked with Machine Learning for at least three years already OR have a senior software development background and have started your transition to the ML area
- You are proficient in Python and at least one toolbox (scikit-learn, TensorfFow or PyTorch)
- You have done at least one ML project in your career and are keen to do many more!
- You preferably have a master’s degree in Computer Science, AI or equivalent skills
- You are fluent in English
Are you ready? Join us on our journey!
About the recruitment process:
To help us place the right people in the right role, we believe in science-based and fair assessment methods. We follow a competence-based, structured interview process where your skills, experience and attributes relevant to the role and Sinch will be assessed. As part of our recruitment process, pre-employment testing is used to help us increase our hiring success by identifying the candidates that are most likely to thrive and be successful in the role. We acknowledge that there are two parties making a decision in this process and welcome you to ask any questions you may have at any stage of the process.