Gelato has built the world's largest and most global network for on-demand production of customized items e.g. t-shirts, wall art, mugs, books, hoodies, and cards. We support a new wave of e-commerce entrepreneurs and the global shift towards local and more sustainable production.
In many ways, we at Gelato are rethinking how digital fabrication of customized products can be done on-demand. Just imagine what will happen when we add 3D printing capabilities to this global service. We are already empowering thousands of e-commerce entrepreneurs to grow and scale their businesses.
We own no physical production assets, nor servers, instead our asset is a cloud-based connectivity platform that enables world-class on-demand production for e-commerce platforms and applications. This engineered platform needs to provide our customers access to more than 100 production partners in 32 countries and includes production plate design, routing to an appropriate partner, finally linking to logistics’ systems for delivery to the consumer. All this in 72 hours and reaching more than 5 billion people and potential consumers in a smarter, faster, and greener way.
We have a multicultural Engineering team of over 50 people working in 5 countries who build, grow and maintain our applications and platform. Our engineering landscape provides the technology to extend our capabilities and features across 3 customer-facing applications: Optimalprint, Globe, and Gelato API plus the digital connectivity platform. The employed technologies range from backends using PHP and GoLang to mobile apps built natively or with hybrid technology, running on cloud services and with a modern CI/CD pipeline.
We are flexible on location and building our teams in Norway, Estonia, Sweden, Russia, Ukraine, India, Spain, and Brazil.
What you will be doing
- Using the latest technologies to develop and create testing tools and frameworks
- Collaborating closely with other engineers as a valuable member of a cross-functional team
- Sharing your knowledge and building creative solutions while helping evolve best practices
- Establishing and tuning CI/CD pipelines
- Developing automated UI and API tests, plus contributing to manual testing sessions
Who you are
- A minimum of M.S. degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or 5+ years in a similar position
- You are an experienced API, UI, and Mobile APPs tester.
- You are passionate about having a fully automated testing process, like BDD, and like to use testing's edge technology.
- You love to write maintainable and thoughtful code on JS/TS or Ruby.
- You are fond of cross-platform solutions by Docker utilization, love to use modern CI/CD providers like Github Actions, CircleCI, GitLab.
- You prefer left-shift testing approaches over later "classic" testing approaches
- Would be a plus if you familiar with Golang, AWS, k8s, know how to tune and use observability tools like Grafana, Sentry, New Relic.
You’ll get to work with:
- Ruby, JS, TS, Golang
- Cucumber, Cypres, rSpec, Appium
- Automating testing of UI, API (Rest JSON and gRPC), Mobile Apps, and performance testing
- BDD, TDD, Page Object
- CircleCI, k8s, Docker, AWS, New Relic, Grafana, Sentry
What we offer
We offer you a chance to be part of a truly amazing journey in a company that sets very high targets and works hard to achieve them. You will be able to work with smart, motivated and engaged co-workers from all over the world, in an intense and very energetic environment. This leads to you having a tangible impact on the way that we operate and expand our business.
Some of the highlights of the package include:
- Strong technical culture of continuous innovation and improvement
- Chance to become a shareholder of Gelato!
- Flexible festive holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
- Work at one of our hub city offices or even remotely
- And much much more!
Want to learn more?
- We believe that Culture is important so we wrote about it! Check it out here
- You can find out more about why we created Getalo and read our CEO’s open letter
- We even made a film about why and what we do! Watch on Vimeo
- Out and about? Why not listen to a podcast about Gelato on Spotify
- And of course when you meet us, please ask questions about these topics!
As we continue to grow we want you to grow with us and for the right candidate, there is no limit to where this opportunity might take you. Together we can increase global GDP by effectively supporting local sustainable on-demand production.