- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Avidity develops systems primarily for the Internet.
Currently we do a lot of work with frameworks based on Ruby, like Rails and Sinatra, but we do not shy away from using other technologies. The last example of this is a project for order management implemented in Python and Django. There are also, to the horror of some and delight of others, some Perl kicking around. We have offices in Sweden and Brazil.
Your main concern will be improving an existing Ruby on Rails application and develop a Sinatra (also Ruby) application.
Together with your peers, you will be responsible for the technical design, implementation and code quality of the features you're assigned to work on.
As a developer at Avidity, you will be working with a team of talented developers with varied technical backgrounds. You will help out in delivering the high quality, well thought out software our clients are used to.
Please note that this is not an entry-level job.
You must hold a valid permit to work in Sweden
Skills & Requirements:
* 2 years professional experience with Ruby on Rails
* Knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and utilities
* Basic knowledge of SQL
* Experience with PHP, nGinx, and Bootstrap are pluses
* Build responsive applications and APIs
* Design, code, test, and document rails applications
* Work on every level of the stack - front-end to back-end, and everything in between
* Review code
* Add tests to code and write testable code
* Develop tools to automate tasks
* Help us scale-up a rapidly growing web application
* Experience in agile development process and continuous deployment
* Contributions to open source projects
* Linux or Unix server administration experience
* Competitive salary
* Central/ bright office furnished with adjustable tables and ergonomic chairs
* Work with a team of people who are developers and technology enthusiasts
* Computer and working tools of your choice
* Bicycle parking