At Doro, we are dedicated to helping seniors live better life. We care about the seniors - they are our heroes. Everyone should have the opportunity to live a fulfilling life without compromises. We want to make aging an independent, secure, and rich part of life. Our commitment is to offer smart technology that helps seniors live better lives. At Doro, business area Phones, we sell mobile phones that make daily life simpler and safer - larger keys, clearer sound, easily read screens, and always with a safety button.
Want to join us? Doro Phones is looking for several Software Developers who share our passion for developing mobile applications and services. If that’s you, we would love to hear from you!
The position as Software Developer allows you to work in a small team in an international organization where helping seniors is our core business.
At Doro, we strive for work-life balance and give you a dynamic workplace where you can continue developing your skills in a team where we co-operate and support each other.
You will work from our bright, spacious office close to the Central Station in Malmö with many places to go for lunch, close to shopping and gyms. However, during the pandemic, we mostly work from home and do most of our meetings over Teams. For this job, some traveling is expected to visit our Doro offices in Europe and Asia.
About the positions
We are now building up a new development team for Doro Phones in Malmö. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a new journey when bringing back our outsourced development. It will, at least initially, be a small team, so be prepared to do a little bit of everything. But also, be prepared for a lot of fun!
As a Software Developer, you will play an important part in developing applications and services for mobile phones and other products. We want to make new technology accessible and easy to use for seniors.
We are looking for several people to build up a new team.
- Build and maintain Android/iOS applications done in Kotlin/Swift.
- Build and maintain the Response by Doro service (backend, frontend, apps).
- Expect to be part of developing new products, applications, and services, not just for mobile phones.
- Collaborate with colleagues to create and maintain features in our services.
- Be an ambassador for your passions, no matter if that is unit testing, agile processes, or quiz.
Are you the one?
We will be a small team, so be prepared to dig into a lite bit of everything. If you want every day at the office to be the same, you are not the one we are looking for. If you are up for a challenge in an agile environment, you might be the one!
Below is a list of the knowledge and personality traits that we think could help you succeed as a developer at Doro. We totally understand that not all of them will be a perfect match for you. They really are just a list of things we hope for.
- Eager to learn. Honestly, this one is the only one that is non-negotiable. We are convinced that if we can find the right person for the team and that person is willing to learn, good things will happen.
- Getting stuff done, think independently about priorities and the bigger picture of what we are doing.
- Energetic and self-going.
- Good social skills and being a team player.
- Share knowledge with colleagues.
- Improve how we work.
- Create and improve existing documentation.
- Being active in making sure that our dev-ops, tooling, and processes are continuously improving.
- Always have the user of the phones or services in mind when bringing up new products.
- The company language is English. Other language skills are a good bonus.
Since Doro is developing phones based on Android, good (and documented) knowledge in the following areas is a must:
If you also have experience in one of the following, we will be satisfied. If you have experience from more than one on the list, we will be very excited.
If you want to learn other areas, that’s perfect! Your responsibilities will grow to match what you are good at. Just as we try to employ an agile process when we develop our product, we want our people to be agile too. So, if you want to improve your skills in an area that is not currently your expertise, we applaud and encourage that!
We will interview candidates on an ongoing basis, starting after the summer holidays, and therefore ask you to send in your CV today!
Doro is a technology company focused on seniors. We develop products for seniors to live independent, fulfilling lives. Doro is a Swedish company with headquarters in Malmö and a sales operation in 27 countries. Doro’s shares are quoted on the Nasdaq Stockholm exchange. (http://www.doro.com/corporate) http://www.doro.com/corporate (http://www.doro.com/corporate)