DevOps Engineer. This is an engineering role that takes responsibility of software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems.
· Define and create development infrastructure and tooling for large scale projects. Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and infrastructure development.
· Design consulting, infrastructure capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Assist in the maintenance and operations of multiple database environments
- Collaborate with other operational DBAs, developers, and infrastructure teams
· Act as a trusted technical advisor for our customers and solve complex Cloud Infrastructure and DevOps challenges.
- Work closely with development teams on activities such as schema definition, PL/SQL, stored procedures and triggers
- Assist in the development and implementation of archiving, backup and recovery strategies, upgrading, configuration and installation of server and database systems
- Able to handle complete SDLC cycle of large projects
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, math, scientific or technical discipline and 6+ years of experience in software engineering and DevOps.
· Deep understanding of cloud computing; virtualization, hosted services, multi-tenant cloud infrastructures, storage systems and content delivery networks.
· Deep understanding of testing, continuous integration and continuous deployment.
· Experience with networking technologies, load balancers, firewalls, API proxies and web security mechanisms.
· Experience with deployment and orchestration technologies such as Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, OpenStack, etc.
· Experience with Continuous Integration orchestration technologies like Jenkins, Bamboo, Gitlab CI, SonarQube,
· binary management tools, License and security scanning tools etc.
· Professional experience with multiple programming languages such as Java, C#, C++, Python
· Experience with database systems such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Oracle etc.
· Experience in system administration tasks in Linux, Unix, or Windows
· Experience in automation and scripting with PowerShell and python
· Experience with IT security practices such as encryption, certificates, key management, etc.
· Able to work independently and in a team.
· Interest and ability to learn new technologies and programming languages as needed.