At Voi, we’re excited about building software that solves problems. We count on our engineers to empower our users with a rich feature set, high availability, and stellar performance level to pursue their missions. As we expand our engineering organisation, we are currently seeking a full stack engineer (with a bias towards frontend) to empower our engineers through our internal developer portal. Specifically, we are searching for someone who brings fresh ideas, demonstrates a personal and informed viewpoint, and enjoys collaborating with a cross-functional team to develop real-world solutions and positive user experiences at every interaction. We believe the ideal candidate probably have worked a few years using React but is comfortable moving across the full stack and with a curious mindset.
Goals of this Role
- Drive engineering productivity and experience through our internal developer portal
- Increase system visibility through metrics and tracing
- Provide developers with best in class tooling to make the development experience at Voi amazing
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Provide productivity tools and services for developers.
- Partner with development teams to improve our internal developer portal. We use a fork of the open source project (http://backstage.io/) and also contribute back to the open source community.
- Participate in developer portal’s system design, backlog grooming and sprint planning.
- Create automation tools which that drives reuse and high maintainability.
- Gather and evaluate productivity metrics from systems, services and teams to assist in increasing developer experience and engineering productivity.
- React experience is a prerequisite (Redux, Redux-Saga and Styled Components experience desirable)
- Authentication/Authorization and knowledge of front-end security principals (JWT, roles e.t.c.).
- Design ability (HTML5, CSS, SCSS, SVG, flexbox, Drag-and-Drop e.t.c.) is desirable
- Delivering modular, re-usable assets is a prerequisite
- Unit and E2E test experience is a prerequisite (Cypress experience desirable)
- Ability to program (structured and OO) with at least one high level languages, such as Python, Java, C/C++/C#, Ruby, or node.js, but experience with Golang is desirable.
- Restful API development experience (with good understanding of security principals) is a prerequisite
- Cloud experience is desirable (Google Cloud for extra points)
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is desirable, or motivation to want to learn it
- SQL database experience is a prerequisite (Postgres for extra points)
General skills required
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other highly technical, scientific discipline
- 6-7+ years of relevant work experience
- Able to write clean, re-usable and modular code.
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
- Experience with GIT is a prerequisite.
- Are able to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
- Positive “can-do” attitude is of absolute importance.
- Great time-management skills.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
RIDE WITH VOI TO THE FUTURE
Launched in August 2018, Voi is a Swedish micro-mobility company offering electric scooter sharing in partnership with cities and local communities around Europe. We believe that light electric vehicles can be part of changing how people move in cities by providing a more sustainable and fun solution to established transport modes. We want the transformation to happen in the right way-through innovation, open and transparent dialogue with cities and governments, and by adapting to local needs. At Voi, we know that diversity fuels innovation & creativity and we welcome people from diverse backgrounds and experiences to take part in our journey. Join Voi and ride the future with us!
We believe that having a wide diversity of people with different backgrounds and perspectives within Voi is essential to our success in delivering the best user experience to our equally diverse user base. With employees from over 50 nationalities working within Voi, we believe we have made good progress but know we can still do more. Regardless of your gender, background, or sexual orientation, we welcome applications from whoever you are - what’s important for us is what skills and value you can bring to the Voi team. And of course that you’re a great Voi culture add! Therefore we actively discourage any photos, personal letters, or disclosure of any information that concerns other information than your professional experience.