- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Who are we?
Volvo Cars is a company on a mission; to bring traditional car manufacturing into a connected, sustainable and smart future.
Since 1927, we have been a brand known for our commitment to safety, creating innovative cars that make life less complicated for our consumers. In 2010, we decided to transform our business, resulting in a totally new generation of cars and technologies, as well as steady growth and record sales. Today, we’re expanding our global footprint in Europe, China and the US, and we’re on the lookout for new talent.
We are constantly pushing our own skills and abilities to drive change in the automobile industry like never before. We are looking for innovative, committed people to join us in this endeavour and create safe, sustainable and connected cars. We believe in the power of people and will challenge and support you to reach your full potential. Join us and be part of Volvo Cars’ journey into the future.
At Volvo Cars, we are making bold digital visions come true. We aim to lead in the automotive world by creating a digital ecosystem built around making our customers' lives less complicated. Now we are looking for curious, creative people who want to change the world through innovative thinking.
What’s in it for you?
This role is within our Global Online Digital team, which is using digital technologies to reinvent the experience of becoming a Volvo customer. There is no reason the experience of buying a car should be painful and difficult – it should be as enjoyable and exciting as actually having a new car. That is our mission.
The primary role on the team is to design, develop and steward a federated graph. You will actively contribute to build a service offering for both internal users, as well as our partners. In addition to working with the GraphQL API, you will be involved in advocating, evolving, and improving our organizations understanding of GraphQL and the value in federation. We are a small group of graph champions, so you’ll be among friends.
What you'll do
• Develop our best practices around GraphQL and Federation.
• Support teams to ensure that they have what they need in order to own their own sub-graph.
• Design best-practises around security, performance and governance (stewardship) for our federated graph.
• Help ensure stable operation globally and develop a consistent experience regardless of consumer location.
You and your skills:
A versatile, talented engineer who is eager to get into the nuts and bolts of how we expose our data and information in a coherent and consistent way, across teams and organizations.
• Several years’ experience with using and designing GraphQL APIs and schemas.
• Experience with Apollo Federation and/or GraphQL Schema stitching
• Several years’ experience developing distributed, scalable applications.
• Experience with micro-service architecture.
• Experience from working with globally scaled applications and services.
We think you share our passion for technology and software quality and have the desire to work closely with developers, business analysts, agile leads, and test automation engineers in a high collaborative environment to create maximized value from engineering efforts.
As a person we think you are inspiring, motivating and moving the development process forward in a positive and driven way.
How to learn more and apply
For questions about the position please contact hiring manager Stephan Lonntorp, [email protected] or senior recruiter Hannes Westerlund, [email protected]. Please note that applications via email will not be accepted due to GDPR. We are looking forward to your application!