By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. At Electrolux, we shape living for the better.
For us going to work everyday has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
The challenge - As an enterprise producing millions of appliances each year and counting more than 50.000 employees, Electrolux is already generating massive amounts of data in hundreds of systems across the globe from sales to sensors in factory robots or smart home appliances. And with an explosion of IoT devices just around the corner, these data volumes are growing.
The team - The Electrolux Global Data Science team supports business functions across the entire company and helps them turning raw data into valuable insights and actions. The team is a key enabler to support the company’s digital transformation. It takes the role of being the center of excellence for data handling and advanced analytics within the company.
The role – Your job is to make sure Electrolux has a world class global data platform that caters to a multitude of use-cases – ranging from more traditional business intelligence and analytics to more advanced data science. Working as a Senior Azure Developer, you and the team work together to develop/maintain the technical components that make up the data platform.
What you will be doing:
• Work across the entire technology stack that make up the Electrolux global data platform (incl. but not limited to Azure AD, ADLS, Azure Databricks, Azure SQL, Synapse).
• Leverage your understanding of cloud architecture and software engineering to design and maintain the tools and technologies used by you and your colleagues.
• Using your understanding of the different Azure tech components to support developers that work on the platform with good advice on how to build solutions.
• Identify and contribute to the best practices and design-patterns in the data engineering work that is related to data pipeline and data asset management.
• Work in established project management frameworks including Azure DevOps, Scrum (Agile/Kanban), Atlassian Stack (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket etc).
• Several years of experience of working with Azure software components for data handling, preferably in an Enterprise setting (managing the underlying tech for multiple solutions).
• Experience with Azure DevOps and/or other CI/CD frameworks, as well as automation of infrastructure development and of the software development processes.
• Good and broad knowledge of computer security (certificates, web authentication, etc.).
• Ability to manage multiple, changing priorities while working effectively in a joint team.
• Comfortable with technologies such as Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
• Fluent in English, any other language is a plus.
• Experience of working with automation of Azure resource provisioning and/or of granting user permissions on the platform.
• Experience of using data ingestion/engineering tools (both code-based and drag and drop ETL, data wrangling, data quality, warehousing, etc.).
• Programming experience of Scala or Python, preferably in an Apache Spark setup.
• Knowledge and experience in developing and maintaining containerized solutions with Docker and Kubernetes on the Azure platform.
What we offer:
Electrolux offers an exciting and challenging job opportunity in an international environment, with a high degree of independence and entrepreneurship. The Electrolux Group provides career opportunities within a global, fast moving, growing yet lean organization. This role will have several touch points globally within the company.
At Electrolux, we have a top management team who are passionate about gender diversity and diversity in general. It’s integral to our Talent process, in how we grow talent. It’s embedded in our initiatives and we have strong metrics to track this. But it’s not just from the top. There is a network called Women at Electrolux operating in six major geographies that generates belief from the grassroots and keeps the topic top of mind. That combination is for us very powerful.
In terms of metrics, we have very clear targets. To get to the right rotation, the right successions, we have to take tangible steps. We push ourselves to find great talents female and male.
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to http://www.electroluxgroup.com.