Stakater is a leading Kubernetes experts company enabling enterprises to realize the full potential of Kubernetes and its ecosystem, by assisting their journey across Strategy, Development and Operations.
At Stakater, we create elegant software solutions that capture the eye and imagination. We pride ourselves on our kind and collaborative approach to difficult problems. If you are interested in joining our community of passionate and creative people, we’d like to hear from you.
We’re looking for back end developers to help us full-time on API and web application projects in our Stakater office and on-site with our clients. We need people who are innovative, detail-oriented and relish the opportunity to work on a broad range of projects with a diverse team of smart and quirky individuals.
Some qualifications we are looking for.
- Working knowledge of the Java programming language, object-oriented design principles and 12-factors web based application development
- Familiarity with developing for and deploying to cloud-based environments, specifically Kubernetes and/or OpenShift
- Understanding of Web services, specifically REST APIs, Jersey, and Jackson
- Familiarity with Servlet Engines such as Jetty, Tomcat, JBoss, or NGINX
- Familiarity with unit and integration testing using JUnit or TestNG
- Familiarity with build tools such as Maven, Gradle, or Ant
- Highly comfortable with Bash and the command line
- Self-starting and team-oriented with the ability to mentor others
- Ability to accurately estimate work effort
- Strong understanding of agile development methodology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Availability to travel for client engagements, as needed
- Bachelor's degree plus 5+ years experience, or 8+ years proven work experience, or demonstrated ability
Some qualifications we consider a plus.
- Familiarity with workflow and development tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Stash, Github, or Gitflow
- Experience using Tekton/Jenkins for continuous integration
- Understanding of cloud computing architecture (AWS, Google or Azure)
What you can expect from us. We offer a competitive salary and tons of other benefits. Join our collaborative working environment with lots of natural light, and everything you need to be your best.
- Mentorship, and opportunities to grow and learn
- Collaboration with experienced professionals
- A supportive and non-competitive community
- Best-of-breed tools for development including your choice of machine (most of us use MacBook Pros)
- Exposure to projects in a variety of different technology environments: Web, TV and mobile, front- and back-end design, cloud infrastructure, DevOps, and Platform as a Service utilizing proprietary platforms and back-end administrative systems
- A commitment to your professional growth, including a stipend for coursework and professional development resources
One last thing, if you have a lot of these skills, but not all of them, please still apply. We love to teach those who are willing to learn.