- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
The EISCAT Scientific Association is seeking a highly motivated Software Engineer to join the EISCAT_3D project team to help develop a scalable and distributed system for a modern, multistatic, phased array radar system in Finland, Norway, and Sweden. This position will entail software design and programming work for subsystems that have 20- to 30-year anticipated lifetimes so it is critical that the candidates have modern, forward-looking, and standards-based approaches to design and development. The radar systems will initially consist of 20 000 channels at each of three sites, so engineering approaches that are properly scalable in a real-time environment are critical.
* A Bachelors degree or higher in Information Technology/Computer Engineering/Software Engineering or a related field
* A minimum of 2 years experience
* Demonstrated good design as well as programming skills for distributed real-time processing
* Proficient programming skills in C and in some interpreted 4th generation language (e.g. Python or TCL)
* Expertise in hardware/software interfacing using APIs, especially with FPGA-based firmware design solutions
* Familiarity with structured design methodology covering specification, design, implementation, and testing of subsystems
* Good problem solving skills, pro-active hands-on mentality, a team player, driven to achieve success
* Excellent technical communication skills in English, both verbal and written, are necessary
* At least a category B driving license is required
Terms and how to apply:
The software engineer position is initially for two years, with an anticipated possibility of extension. EISCAT follows terms comparable to state employee rules. Headquarters is located at Space Campus situated a few kilometres away from central Kiruna, Sweden. We envisage a start date around December 2015 - April 2016. For further details about the position, please contact either Craig Heinselman, EISCAT Director, phone: +46 980 791 53, e-mail: [email protected] or Sathyaveer Prasad, Chief Engineer, phone: +46 980 791 71, email: [email protected].
Applications should be sent to [email protected] (subject: Software Engineer) latest 31 October 2015.