- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
3M is seeking a Software Development Engineer for the Safety & Graphics Business - Personal Safety Division - Welding located in Gagnef, Sweden. Be part of what's next!
3M is passionate about protecting the health and safety of workers in all types of industries and workforce environments. This passion helps drive us to continue to innovate across technologies, disciplines, and industries to help keep your workers safe and protected. We strive to deliver comfortable, well-designed personal protective equipment (PPE) that offers your workers the most effective protection available.
The 3M Welding Global Center of Excellence in Gagnef, Sweden, develops and delivers PPE for welding applications to companies around the world. We are seeking a software development engineer to our laboratory that will be responsible to create and maintain a flexible and scalable software architecture for our future welding products. This will ensure our capability to deliver strong and proactive protection for the users of our products. The area of Active Safety is very interesting for the welding products and the tasks will span from MCU programming to GUI development and communication adaptions.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Software development for products and related systems
- Develop and maintain flexible and scalable software
- Collaborate within the lab to find the best technical solutions to a given problem
- Translate customer needs and business goals into tangible product design and system requirements that will provide new sensing and monitoring solutions for connected PPE products
- Serve as liaison between technical and non-technical departments in order to ensure all targets and requirements are met and projects are completed on schedule and within budget
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science Software Design or Embedded System Design
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in software development
- Very good knowledge in embedded systems programming using C / C++
- Excellent knowledge in the use of modern software development tools
- Very good at reading and understanding technical descriptions
- Good English and Swedish language skills in speech and writing
- Five (5) years of experience in design and commercialization of embedded software
- Experience in developing software to systems including wireless technologies and related device interactions, microprocessors, sensors, graphical user interfaces etc.
- Experience in object oriented programming
- Knowledgeable in data communication (UART, I2C, CAN, TCP/IP, USB, BT etc.)
- Knowledge about operating systems, RTOS, Windows, Linux, Android, IOS etc.
- Experience of translating customer requirements into design criteria and system specifications
- Broad awareness of global technology landscape and understanding of intellectual property
- Excellent communication, inter-personal and teaming skills
With $30 billion in sales, 3M employs about 88,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 70 countries. In the Nordic Region 3M has offices in the areas of Stockholm, Copenhagen, Helsinki and Oslo as well as R&D and manufacturing in Gagnef, Värnamo and Västervik in Sweden. 3M Nordic employs 1100 people and has about EUR 390 M in sales annually.
Hur du söker jobbet
Andra webbjobb i Gagnef
Tyvärr finns inga fler lediga webbjobb i Gagnef just nu.