- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Mojang Studios is best known as the creators of Minecraft, but we’re also on a mission – to build a better world through the power of play.
Why play? Well, play is at the heart of everything we do. It’s the blocky backbone of our games, the core of our development philosophy, and even the origin of our name. From the relentless experimentation of our endlessly inspiring community to the classrooms where Minecraft has become an essential teaching tool, play is the bedrock of our existence.
The Minecraft UI team is expanding to help realize our dream of a better Minecraft experience. As a member of this team, you will have the unique challenges of creating a scalable, performant and stable UI architecture to support a world class design system in order to help other teams to realize their creations using services and technologies that you implemented — all while improving the quality and user experience of the game! You'll join a cross-functional team and work closely with the other developers, designers, producers, all working together on a game enjoyed by over 100,000,000 players worldwide. We have big dreams for the future of Minecraft and need you to help make them happen.
By joining the UI team, you will find an environment that enables you to leverage your knowledge and values to maintain and evolve a healthy and collaborative culture as we grow.
Some of your tasks will be:
- Drive the architecture of the new web-based UI tech of Minecraft and new titles from Mojang Studios.
- Coach team members on best practices in software development.
- Evangelize the tech within the entire organization, preparing talks, writing documentation and onboard sessions with teams in Stockholm, Redmond and other locations in the globe.
- Collaborate with UX designers on defining components and patterns for the Design System.
- Collaborate with other studios within Xbox Studios on building the next generation of UI tech.
- Balance performance, user experience and developer experience on every decision.
- Be quality driven, with strong experience on test automation and good API design.
- Help open-sourcing foundational pieces of our technology to share with the entire game-dev community.
- Experience with modern web development.
- Proven experience building large scale React applications.
- Fluent on test automation best practices.
Mojang Studios is a Microsoft-owned game developer. The company was founded in Stockholm, Sweden and has offices around the world, including Stockholm, Redmond, Tokyo, London, and Shanghai. We’re always working on new and exciting ways to expand the Minecraft universe.
Our community is global and incredibly diverse. We keep this in mind when developing anything, as we want people to feel included in Minecraft. And in recruiting, our goal is to make Mojang Studios as diverse as our community.
We got started as a tiny indie developer, and part of our culture still reflects that heritage. But we’re also proud to belong to Xbox Game Studios, which creates unique opportunities to grow and develop.
To help us achieve amazing things, we have built an equally amazing studio space. Situated right on the water by Söder Mälarstrand, it’s filled to the brim with all the tools, toys and caffeine required to create world-class entertainment.
But in the end, it’s the people of Mojang Studios that make this place truly special. When you join, you’ll find yourself in the company of incredibly bright, warm, and creative individuals – all united and working toward a single goal. Come help us reach it!