- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
We are looking for a test automation software engineer who is open to learning and adapting to ever-evolving techniques within our talented team of developers. We work with Mission Critical products to fine tune the experiences of millions of end users – there's nearly zero downtime, so you will need to be excellent at what you do.
As a tester, you will be crucial to each development team, ensuring top quality with each release. You need to enjoy problem solving through white-boarding and pair programming while daring to challenge the way we work.
Some interesting facts about tech at Kindred Group:
We have an uptime of 99-95% across our sites
We do over 4,400 production releases each year and targeted 10,000 releases in 2018
Our platform consists of more than 200 micro-services
Over 25 million transactions per day
More than 40 game providers integrated
Over 20 payment providers integrated
Millions of events go to our big data platform each day
What you will do
- Learn and contribute in ways outside usual development work, including participating in internal development academies, conferences, public speaking and leadership programmes
- Identify business requirements and work closely with the product owner, developers and business analysts to find solutions, providing feedback and ensuring they are fit for purpose
- Write acceptance criteria for requirements
- Design tests to mitigate risk
- Liaise with project teams in other parts of the world
- Estimate test effort for user stories, sprints and projects
- Perform manual testing (exploratory and non-functional) and log results
- Review results of automated tests and log defects
- Stress test
- Performance test
- Collaborate with the UAT test team to ensure consistent behaviour and provide feedback to the team in the form of test metrics and reports
- Identify, maintain and drive bespoke test automation solutions
- Monitor and measure test coverage to improve test scenarios
- Provide feedback/input on the techniques, solutions and tools used throughout projects
- Create and maintain online documentation
- Monitor applications and software systems
- Manage and plan releases
- Work to departmental and project deadlines
How will success be measured in this role
Regular performance reviews with your line manager
Acting in line with Kindred Group values
Successful completion of all relevant training and other compliance activities that support Kindred's sustainable and responsible growth
- Use of tools and frameworks such as Cucumber and Gatling, Java or Python
- BDD approach to software development
- Test automation within an Agile environment
- Building and maintaining test automation frameworks
- Work with structured test methods and processes
- Use of database concepts and ability to write basic SQL queries
- Software failures and faults
- A risk-based approach to testing
- Non-functional aspects of web application testing, such as UI, Accessibility, Security and Performance
Click on the "Apply Now" button and complete the short web form. Please add a covering letter in English to let us know your motivation for applying and your salary expectation. Our Talent Acquisition team will be in touch soon.
Kindred is an equal opportunities employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. As such we oppose all forms of discrimination in the workplace. We create equal opportunities for all our applicants and will treat people equally regardless of and not limited to, gender, age, disability, race, sexual orientation. We are committed not only to our legal obligations but also to the positive promotion that equal opportunities bring to our operations as set out in our sustainability framework.
Not suited to this role but interested in working at Kindred Group?
We are always on the lookout for talented, passionate people to join our global teams so if you'd like us to let you know when suitable jobs come up, please click on “Register for Alerts”.