- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
About our client
CATERPILLAR PROPULSION is part of Caterpillar Marine and the world's leading designer and producer of Controllable Pitch Propellers. They deliver fully customized main propellers, azimuth thrusters, transverse thrusters and maneuvers systems. They are seeking suitably qualified and experienced staff for their headquarters in Sweden. As part of this process, they are currently looking for a Software Engineer to strengthen their Automation and Control Team.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a global engineering company. You will be a part of a team where all have their own expertise and work together to develop and support the customer when it comes to new projects and field issues. As a software engineer, you will be a key resource and you will report to the Automation and Control Manager.
In this position, you are expected to function as a specialist in embedded software engineering.
Directly and as a team member, you will participate in designing and developing new products, control systems, concepts, and complex engineering projects for release to production in a manner that ensures products with superior performance, durability, quality, and serviceability.
Caterpillar are working with following tools C, Python, Kanban, Subversion, Trac, Visual Studio, UML-statecharts, LyX, Debian Linux.
Work assignment will be divided between project and close cooperation with customer on field.
- Program, design and develop new software for new projects
- Program complete or customized control systems
- Find new solutions and update existing software in the field
- Act as support function to service team.
- Support sales as to what solutions are possible and critically analyze customer requirements.
- Perform technical evaluations of major systems and products.
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Electronics, Computer or similar.
- Several years' experience from software development and programming (see program above)
- Ability to see the whole process and take action
- Independent, driven, and self-motivated.
- Be able to act hands on in field actions.
- Good communication skills in both Swedish and English
- Experience in the maritime industry is advantageous
What's on offer
If you believe your qualifications match our requirements, please apply by sending in your CV.
Interviews will be done continuously.