- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
The desired effect of your role as Senior Lead Software Engineer is to deliver a 'Best in Class' IT experience within the Digital Therapeutics and Digital Health areas. A great opportunity for the right candidate to lead the technical development in this space, as we're implementing our new strategy. Our team values creative thinking, integrity, and technical ability.
AstraZeneca R&D IT is building an outstanding organization at the forefront of the digital revolution in healthcare. We're applying technologies such as AI, machine learning, software and data engineering and analytics to provide mission-critical insights. Join us and thrive in our culture of excellence, engagement and development - and make a positive difference to patient outcomes.
About this Role
Working in partnership with the Business Product owners you will be the Technical Lead, running Digital Health initiatives and working closely with Platform Lead(s), enterprise architects and engineering teams to achieve your goals. The products consist of several solutions where we are harmonizing both backend and frontend solutions into a service catalogue of solutions. This is a combination of COTS and home-grown parts. Connected devices and SaMD (Software as a Medical Device) will be a crucial part of the solutions.
This role requires someone who has the capacity to see the big picture, to architect and design cloud native systems that can scale on a global market, and has the knowledge to dig into the details and make decisions on application design. A natural part of this is the ability to document, communicate and present the solutions to both the engineering teams, and in different forums, e.g., enterprise architecture boards.
You will also work together with experienced software engineers to define best practices and patterns that should be used cross distributed teams in different products.
Whenever required, you are more than happy to 'get your hands dirty' and implement proof-of-concepts yourself to verify your designs. You are experienced with agile methodologies, taking part in defining roadmaps, breaking down work and estimating efforts of implementation.
* Assess business and technical requirements and business priorities as well as leads high-level investigations or analysis aligned to the strategy
* Design complex software solutions in a sustainable and manageable way using existing and new platforms, in close collaboration with enterprise and solution architecture
* Define and adheres to software engineering & platform engineering practices
* Coordinate estimation of effort and duration for complex solutions.
* Contribute as a technology advisor identifying Information Technology systems implications and providing recommendations to support business objectives
* Responsible for implementing strategies covering testing, release, and documentation for applicable platforms in conjunction with the DevOps team.
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
To succeed in this role, you will need proven experience in designing and implementing cloud native applications at scale. It would be highly advantageous if you have previously used Agile approaches, across projects and products. We are looking for an excellent communicator with a track record of influencing others to achieve objectives. The keys to thrive in this environment are ambition, reliability, customer orientation as well as enjoying cross-cultural working. Previous experience in handling third party suppliers and good network/consulting skills is also valuable.
Essential Skills & Capabilities
* Significant software engineering background and capabilities with a strong knowledge of modern software engineering patterns and architectures
* Strong understanding of modern cloud architectures and offerings
* Strong communication skills
* Proficiency in one or more programming languages and client application development frameworks (Java, TypeScript, REACT, Angular)
* Cloud service backends (AWS)
* Container solutions (Docker, Kubernetes)
* Databases (Mongo DB, Prometheus, ElasticSearch)
* Regulatory knowledge, i.e GxP and SaMD is a merit.
Does this sound like your next opportunity? If so, hit Apply today!
AstraZeneca is a global biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, you would express diverse perspectives, contribute to an energized environment and provide creative ideas - and be rewarded for this.
Our stunning campus in Gothenburg is one of AstraZeneca's three strategic science centers. The site is home to over 2,500 employees, from 50 different nationalities. Gothenburg includes the complete range of functions, and as such offers plenty of development opportunities for a wide range of professionals. Our science teams in Gothenburg collaborate with academic and industry partners in Sweden and globally. And the site itself has been designed with collaboration in mind. From the Coffee Lab to exercise areas, we've built a series of environments where innovation can happen.
Andra webbjobb i Göteborg
- PHP-utvecklare till PS Finance Group! 👨💻
- PHP-utvecklare till PS Finance Group! 👨💻
- Lead Frontend-utvecklare med intresse för UX
- Fullstack / Java utvecklare till spännande Addoro i Göteborg
- Product Owner Data & Insights till Alektum Group i Göteborg