Bahnhof is a leading internet and telecoms operator providing broadband and secure cloud services to both businesses and individuals. Driven by privacy and internet freedom, we fight every day for a free and secure internet, which places high demands on our services. We are now looking for a skilled OpenStack engineer to join us on our journey!
- Experience in Linux system administration, especially Ubuntu and RHEL/CentOS.
- Experience in Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM) virtualisation.
- Experience in analysis and optimization of system capacity and performance.
- Understanding of basic VLAN-based networking.
- Understanding of basic system security and patching
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language (Bash, Perl/Python, etc.)
- Good troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in building and/or maintaining private clouds, preferably Linux-based.
- Experience with the Openstack cloud platform.
- Experience with the CEPH storage platform.
- Experience with Docker and running containers.
- Experience with VMWare vSphere and OnApp cloud computing platforms.
A successful candidate should be a quick learner, responsible and reliable, and have a strong ability to take ownership of their tasks. At Bahnhof, we value collaboration, knowledge sharing, a positive attitude and good communication skills. Our team consists of people with different levels of experience and skills, and offers an exciting opportunity to develop cloud services of the future. You'll get to work with the latest hardware and networks, learn new technologies and implement your own ideas. We work in distributed teams, so you will collaborate with colleagues in different locations, both in Sweden and abroad.
- Support and maintenance of the existing OpenStack cloud infrastructure and CEPH layer. Helping to expand the infrastructure as needed.
- Support and maintenance of cloud applications and related services in their development, pre-production and production environments.
- Tackle cloud-related projects in collaboration with technical and development departments as needed.
- Assist the development department with troubleshooting and integration of cloud applications.
- Monitor and maintain the integrity and security of the infrastructure and underlying hardware and networks in collaboration with the technical department.
The location for this position is at our office in Malmö.
Please email your application consisting of a short cover letter + CV to [email protected] no later than 31 December 2021. Please include "OpenStack engineer" in the subject line.
We will evaluate applicants on an ongoing basis, and the position may be filled before the closing date, so don't wait to send your application!
If you have any questions, please contact Mikael Setterberg, Head of Development, at [email protected] / tel: 076-111 01 64.