- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Manufacturing Engineer SWDL & Final Test
At Manufacturing Engineering, you are part of a global Engineering team that makes sure that the cars we build meet the highest expectations from our customers. In close collaboration with colleagues in other business units, we develop and implement flexible and efficient production systems with people in focus. If you want to reach your personal goals together with other people, Manufacturing Engineering is the place for you to prosper
The section ME Chassie, Powertrain & Electrical is responsible for process and product development needed to assemble the cars in our plants. Our responsibility areas are chassis, powertrain, electrical components as well as software download to car and electrical calibrations/tests of the car. We are now looking to add a new team member to the Software & Final Test group. Our responsibility is to develop test and software download cases using our development platform GradeX. We work cross-functional together with Research & Development and Production to keep the Software Download and Software/Hardware test verification process in our assembly plants updated according to new functionality introduced in our car programs. We also implement the developed application from set-up to activation in the installed equipment in the pilot plant as well as online in the assembly plant through pre series build and start of mass-production.
As Manufacturing Engineer SWDL & Final Test you will work with car functionality, electronics, in vehicle software as well as advanced IT production equipments. The work is performed in car programs where the work is carried out in two phases. First, during the development phase you will work together with car developers and purchasers as well as equipment developers and suppliers to prepare the implementation phase. In the implementation phase your focus will change towards our different production plants globally. Working as a Manufacturing Engineer gives a big opportunity to develop broad engineering skills in the automotive area.
* Represent ME Software & Test in R&D design assignments and forums as driver of ME SW & Test process requirements on product to adapt the product design to fit the assembly process
* Represent ME SW & Test in the launch team together with Production when introducing a new car program in the assembly plant
* Participate in development of new/updated equipment in the Software and Final test area.
* To plan, specify function for and order related equipment in cooperation with Production, R&D, ME Tooling and Volvo Cars IT
* Identify and develop test cases for new/changed car functions, in the electrical and power train area, used for assembly verification in Final assembly
* Develop and implement the test case and software download script application from set-up to activation in the installed equipment in the pilot plant as well as online in the assembly plant
* Verify equipment, test cases and car software concept behavior in our assembly process
* Technical competence at senior high school / university level, preferably computer based science or equal
* Programming technique and programming languages related to the equipment XML, JAVA
* Car electrical architecture concepts CAN, GGDS, MOST, Ethernet, Flexray
* Experience from product and/or manufacturing engineering automotive at least 2 years as engineer within the area product or manufacturing is meritorious
* Test equipment for software based systems is meritorious
* International work experienced is highly valued
* Communicative and team oriented
* High level of customer focus
* Openness to change
* High level of courage and integrity
* Personal energy
About Volvo Car Group
The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo Car Group, our vision is clear: "To be the world's most progressive and desired premium car brand". And we believe our global success will be driven by making life less complicated for people, while strengthening our commitment to safety, quality and the environment. We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people onboard. People with passion, energy, business sense and the drive to innovate. People that want to create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment. We will support you to reach your full potential. Join us on this exciting journey into the future.
In this recruitment process we are collaborating with Randstad Professionals. If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact the responsible recruitment specialist Adam Johansson at +46 729-889443 or by e-mail [email protected].
Interviews will be held continuously. To apply, please register your profile and attach your application documents via the link below no later than November 3rd.