WELCOME TO UTOPIA
Music is incredible. It can excite hundreds, and unite thousands. But as an industry, it has been slow, complicated, and disparate. While the tech world has moved into the future, the music industry continues to be shaped by inefficient systems of the past. At Utopia we believe there is a better way. Which is why today we are setting out to transform the entire industry; creating new revenue streams, consolidating the data and decluttering the admin. Unlocking the industry’s full potential by unifying it all in one truly holistic space. Some might call that a Utopia.
Funnily enough, so do we. Welcome to Utopia. Where music lives.
WHAT UTOPIANS DO
We are building a better world for music with innovative big data technology that tracks online music sources and translates them into meaningful music consumption reports for royalty collection. The solution we’re building does not threaten to usurp the role of industry incumbents - it is about bringing transparency in the industry and supporting efficient royalty collection.
WHAT YOUR ROLE WILL BE
We work in cross-functional (product, engineering, data, design) product teams that owns the end to end outcome, objective and metrics of the product. You’ll be working on Utopia products built on the Utopia big data platform. We work full-stack including the product infrastructure and user experience. We take a holistic approach to product creation from data to robust backend and customer experience.
Depending on your experience and strengths, we will find the right role for you in the new team.
THE IDEAL SKILLSET
We are not dogmatic about tech stack and we welcome experienced developers with different skills. Our stack is Golang and Node.js though and we’ll require you to solve a case and show us your understanding of one of the mentioned technologies.
You are a passionate and skilled developer that already has a couple of years of experience.
- Proficiency working with Node.js. Experience with Golang is a plus
- High quality code is even more important to you than the Force.
- You love to learn and you love to share your knowledge.
- Preferably you’ve worked with MongoDB and/or SQL.
- Experience with TypeScript and React. Knowing ES6, redux, and Next.js is a plus.
- Familiarity with Google Cloud and CI/CD skills are highly valued.
- Good communications skills, fluency in English.
- Good self organisation skills and strong personal integrity.
THE HIRING PROCESS
- You send us your CV in English.
- We invite you for an introductory phone/video call to get to know you better and share more about us.
- You get a programming exercise and unlimited time to send us your solution.
- Our lead developers evaluate it and we provide you with the feedback.
- You meet our lead developers for the technical interview.
- You meet the hiring manager for the culture fit interview.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Great atmosphere - we live, love & breathe music & tech!
- Working in an impact oriented team.
- An experienced team to learn from, with experience in multiple startups and big tech companies.
- Benefits depend on location.
- Flexible remote policy so if you may prefer being on your own and working from home - we’re fine with that too.
- We are supporting work permits for employees that have already moved to our locations from countries outside the EU. However, we do not support relocation at the moment.
We come from diverse backgrounds and we welcome everyone who identifies with the above to apply. Welcome to Utopia - Where Music Lives!
We’re eager to meet you! :)