Are you a passionate User Experience Designer looking for new and exciting challenges? Do you have an interest in making the complex seem simple? Do you have the drive and passion to push for new and innovative experiences for strategy gamers?
We’re looking for a UX Designer to join our development team for Stellaris. As a UX Designer you will be helping us ease the learning curve and making UI interactions feel intuitive and informative. You will be responsible for creating wireframes and/or mockups for new or reworked UIs in Stellaris.
You are a team player and effective communicator who shines in collaborative work. A key part of your success will be to collaborate with game designers, UI artists, sound designers and programmers. You are motivated by collaboration and feedback from our player community.
Do you want to work with a passionate team that delivers quarterly updates to a loyal and passionate fan base? If you are motivated by working with a team and together making Stellaris better, don’t hesitate and send us your application!
- Create mockups, wireframes, and prototypes of new interfaces, and evaluate and improve existing ones
- Coordinate with designers, programmers, and artists and make changes to both UI and gameplay mechanics if necessary
- Share input and ideas around sound effects for interfaces to the Audio Director
- Drive innovation and provide a fresh perspective to User Experience in User Interface design
- Effectively document and present your designs to the rest of the team
- Professional 1+ years experience as a UX Designer, UI Designer, or equivalent
- Fluency in English both written and spoken
- Familiarity with and/or interest in Paradox Development Studio's games and brands
- Experience playing strategy games
- Technical skills such as scripting or programming
- An avid Stellaris fan
- Experience developing strategy games is a plus
Paradox is a growing company in a changing industry. We are looking for a curious and adaptable team member who likes to actively collaborate with the people around them. You are not afraid to raise issues, continuously strive to improve, and seek to inspire your colleagues.