WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
Liquid Swords are on a search for a world class Technical Artist to join a studio and department that has no legacy or old history attached!
A Technical Artist at Liquid Swords merges and operates in between Art and Tech, being a liaison and conduit between the two, enabling developers to craft beautiful and performant atmospheres of the game world via lighting, shading, and visual fidelity.
We have a no nonsense approach to game development and like each person to be entrepreneurs in their respective fields. A Technical Artist at Liquid Swords has ownership of the tech we use to provide a clear framework for art and asset pipelines.
- A problem solver that collaborates with Art and Tech, and is passionate about creating unforgettable experiences
- Exposure to past tech art challenges in game development will help you suggest solutions technically and creatively that resolve and debug performance and memory optimizations, rendering, and more
- Ground up development in new technologies is a situation and process you engage in readily
- You have a thorough understanding in lighting, shading, post processing effects and the inner workings of PBR - Physically Based Rendering
- Knowledge of AAA development in Unreal Engine, or proprietary ones
- You thrive on learning new techniques and technologies such as Lumen, Nanite, etc… and optimizing how they are used!
- Expert knowledge of art DCC’s like Blender, Maya, Houdini
- Professional experience from using a programming or scripting language - C++, Python, HLSL etc
GOOD TO KNOW!
We are an equal opportunity employer hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on your qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform your job responsibilities. We encourage applications regardless of your age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, belief, creed or race.
This is a full-time position based out of Liquid Swords legendary HQ in Nacka, Sweden (10 minutes from the city of Stockholm). We follow all governments recommendations regarding Covid-19 pandemic and will ensure a safe work environment.