- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Mojang is looking for a Gameplay Engineer to take on the challenges around implementing gameplay features for the universe of Minecraft Dungeons - It is a very successful game with fun and engaging people / fans, working in an environment where we want you to lean in and be creative in your work and contribute to the team with your developer perspective while also being a good communicator between disciplines and other developers.
The team consists of 40+ people, half of which are developers and the rest a mix of; designers, artists, audio designers, QA, build engineers and producers. We all collaborate closely within and across disciplines as well as with our partner studio in the U.K.
You will work investigating and implementing new gameplay mechanics and features as well as revisiting and refactoring outdated code. You will do this in a dedicated cross-functional team, while also keeping up with all other Game Engineers in regular synchs.
You will have a major impact on the gameplay experience and will have a large impact on the quality and feeling of the product.
Some of your tasks will be:
· Implementing gameplay features for Minecraft Dungeons.
· Be involved in design discussions, implement and maintain gameplay systems together with game designers
· Collaborate with Game Designers to design, implement and maintain gameplay systems.
· Define technical solutions for gameplay features following design documentation and workflow tools
· Supporting and aligning with other feature teams working on your game project
· Professional experience with modern C++ (including refactoring, optimization, debugging and testing), and familiarity with recent revisions to the C++ standard.
· Proficient in at least one modern game engine (like Unreal)
· Experience with agile methodologies and workflows
· Understanding of software architecture patterns used for multiplayer games.
· Have a genuine interest in game development and the games industry.
· Used to working in an international environment and to express yourself fluently in English.
· Support and act as a role model to less experienced developers
Ideally, experienced with at least one of the following:
· Experience from implementing gameplay in shipped games on PC or consoles
· Experience with scripting languages such as Lua or Angelscript
If this sounds like a fit, and you want to be part of a dynamic game studio, do not hesitate to apply!
We look forward to hearing from you!