AFRY is a European leader in engineering, design, and advisory services, with a global reach. We accelerate the transition towards a sustainable society. We are 17,000 devoted experts in infrastructure, industry, energy and digitalisation, creating sustainable solutions for generations to come.
We continue to grow and need to bolster our team with a Backend Software Engineer C++. You will be a part of our team placed at one of our most innovative clients, in Malmö. You are given the opportunity to work with very competent colleagues in a prominent, international company. We believe you are driven, curious and fearless – in return, we will give you the right support and skills development to make you grow and create an invaluable foundation for your continued work life.
In this role you'll be a part of a new team that will develop an external services for one of our partners. As a member in the team you will be developing services in a complex domain where it is expected to reuse parts of existing solutions and concepts.
- Identify requirements, and propose design and solution.
- Collaborate with peer team to understand the domain, identify reusable features and implement solutions for the business problem at hand
- Very strong in programming, system design and problem solving.
- Professional experience from writing reliable complex solutions in C++.
- Ability to take ownership, identify requirements, prioritise and make progress in an environment with limited given input.
- Excellent communication in English with a sense for listen to others as well as getting you message through in a crisp way.
- Experience in cross team collaboration and communication
Extra Merit Qualifications
- Infrastructure experience with Hadoop clusters
- Experience developing backend solutions in Scala, Java/JVM.
- Experience using Spark.
- Experience of Map routing and algorithms
Section Manager AFRY, IT Solutions south
+46 72 141 30 90
+46 70 161 59 76
AFRY is committed to creating an inclusive & diverse environment and we are actively looking for qualified candidates irrespective of gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, disability, or age. You will be part of a global and diverse company where our differences are our strengths. Join us to accelerate the transition towards a sustainable society.