At AstraZeneca we harness digital, data science & AI to fast-forward our research. Making sure work born in a lab can make a real difference. Working here means thinking big and working together to deliver impact from our contributions that make the impossible a reality.
We continually push the boundaries of science to deliver medicines that treat diseases across our main therapy areas. Through our integration with Alexion, this now includes expanding the limits of scientific research to better understand rare diseases and to discover new life-changing treatments for them.
Discovery Sciences work across all therapy areas at AstraZeneca to deliver candidate drugs into late-stage clinical development. The Data Sciences and Quantitative Biology team within Discovery Sciences is a multi-disciplinary team of data scientists with the purpose of providing quantitative insights to biology. In partnership with our experimentalist colleagues, we provide computational analysis and solutions to enable and drive our drug discovery efforts forward.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Senior Bioinformatician for Therapeutic Gene Editing. This position will be based at our vibrant R&D site in Gothenburg, Sweden.
What you'll do
In this role you'll be using bioinformatics and machine learning to identify and deliver gene editing designs e.g. CRISPR guide RNAs. You will be responsible for developing and internalising appropriate algorithms, techniques and datasets to advance our ability to rapidly discover gene editing candidate drugs.
You will also enhance our data analysis capabilities on complex, high-dimensional omics data to identify biologically induced effects of CRISPR based drugs. Further you will be contributing to and leading local and global projects for NGS applied in gene editing projects and ensuring that results are scientifically robust and documented.
Essential for the role
We expect you to demonstrate a passion for driving scientific questions and being capable of receiving and analysing input from multiple fields and deciding on focused course of action. You have a consistent track record of delivering analytical solutions for business or academic needs. You are able to work independently and have a positive, result-oriented and problem-solving attitude. We also believe that you enjoy teamwork, have a collaborative nature and will be an encouraging colleague to all.
* PhD, or equivalent, in bioinformatics, mathematics, computer science, statistics, engineering or the life sciences
* Expertise in one or more of the core competency areas: CRISPR, DNA/RNA sequence analysis, next generation sequencing analysis, multivariate and/or high dimensional data analysis (omics), ontologies, data management, machine learning, statistical modelling.
* Experience with relevant software tools such as R and/or Python
* Proficiency in working in a Linux environment, experience with shell scripting and standard command line tools
* Understanding of molecular biology, cell biology, and human physiology
* Familiarity with tools for reproducible research such as git, conda, Snakemake or Nextflow
* Excellent English, spoken and in writing
Desirable for the role
Experience from industry gene editing bioinformatics is a great plus but with strong bioinformatics skills we expect that you will quickly develop specific knowledge about gene editing drug discovery.
Why AstraZeneca Gothenburg?
With more than 2,400 employees from over than 50 countries, our vibrant Gothenburg site is a truly inspiring place to work. Here, the history and future of scientific breakthrough come together. We believe that the diversity of our people is crucial to bringing new discoveries to life.
So, what's next!
Does this sound like your next position? Apply now!
We look forward to find out more about you. Send in your application as soon as possible, but no later than August 5th, 2022.
For more information about the position please contact hiring manager Fredrik Karlsson (https://www.linkedin.com/in/fredrik-karlsson-140a7782/).
Our Gothenburg site: https://www.astrazeneca.com/our-science/gothenburg.html
Life in Gothenburg: https://www.astrazeneca.se/om-oss/verksamheten-i-sverige/goteborg/relocate-to-gothenburg.html
Andra webbjobb i Göteborg
- System Development Engineer till attraktivt bolag inom Fordon
- Windows developer at Mullvad VPN // Gothenburg
- Systemutvecklare till mjukvarubolag inom självkörande bilar!
- Software Developer to autonomus car company
- Utvecklare till snabbväxande konsultbolag