Shaping the future of fashion with people, data, and tech - The fashion and retail industries are going through a transformation, driven by customers technology and sustainability expectations. At H&M Group, we want to shape the future of retail by harnessing the power of smart tech and data. With our 74-year history of innovation, we understand the need to collaborate and co-create with engineers and tech specialists around the world to achieve our vision.
We are creative minds; testing, experimenting, learning, and growing. With our strong values as our guide, we are empowered to create, innovate, and deliver. We work in multiple areas of the tech field. From AI to data-driven business development, user experience to engineering. We turn business challenges into innovative tech solutions – making H&M Group a global leader in combining tech, fashion and design.
About the role
In the Customer Fulfilment domain, you will be a part of the Inventory Optimization product area which goal is to make all our inventory sellable and available for our customers in the most profitable and sustainable way possible.
This is a unique opportunity to join one of our dynamically growing teams working on a growing product: Next Generation Order Management.
Next Generation Order Management (NGOM) is part of the Decomposed, headless and open commerce initiative within H&M and is a new product team within the Customer Fulfilment Domain and Inventory Optimization Product area. The product team is responsible for implementing a new Distributed Order Management solution based on MACH architecture in tight collaboration with multiple teams across several areas within Business Tech.
Joining this team, you will have an opportunity to contribute to the shape of the solution, being a part of the newly formed team that is rapidly growing and looking for talented engineers who wants to make an impact on the Inventory Optimization part of the H&M Group, delivering value for our customers!
Who we are looking for:
The Next Generation Order Management product team is looking for several Software Engineers.
As a Software Engineer, you will have the unique opportunity to join a new team working with the latest MACH technology (Micro-Service based, API first, Cloud Native and Headless architecture) as well as being part of a fantastic journey in building the future H&M open commerce initiative.
On daily basis, you will work on shaping our order fulfilment services, serving new business models and meeting the need for a more complex supply chain in a sustainable way. As a Software Engineer, you will create solutions that are simple yet powerful for the end-user. Our small and cross-competent product teams offer great individual responsibilities where the team will be accountable for the whole product.
- Have worked with cloud-based delivery pipelines, continuous integration and delivery, DevOps and automation solutions
- Are proficient in multi-cloud solutions and services (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Possess vast knowledge of building solutions based on microservices
- Have worked with backend development, preferably using Java
- Preferably worked with solutions/ software architecture, API/ Data or Information architecture, systems design and integration
- You are familiar with the following integration tools: GraphQL, Event stream (Event Hubs, Solace, Kafka), Azure Service Bus, Logic apps etc.
- Have been exposed on distributed version control, release strategies and branching strategy
- Have hands-on experience with automation of test and test data, QA in production
- Have the ability to understand and analyses complex information and share it ineffective and powerful communications
- Collaborate effectively with Engineers in other internal and External Products or Enable engineering teams to solve and reduce technical dependencies
- Provide options for how the solution could be evolved to provide even more value
- Translate product strategy and requirements into suitable, maintainable, and scalable solution design according to existing architecture guard rails
- Use an experimental mindset to identify, evaluate and recommend alternative design options which take target environment, performance security requirements and existing systems into account
- Build the simplest possible solution that fulfils user needs as well as meets functional, compliance and quality requirements
- Drive testing and deployment of software solutions, including ensuring automated testing to ensure solution quality
- Build and operate infrastructure, toolset, and deployment pipelines
- Identify and share best practices with other teams as well as produce necessary documentation Make sure to deliver solutions on time and identify and eliminate potential waste (e.g. unnecessary documentation, inefficient methodologies etc.)
What we can offer
Besides the obvious perks such as staff discount card, flexible work life, learning communities, wellness benefits, parental benefits etc. you are joining a unique value driven culture, a large tech network and community where you can be yourself. There are endless opportunities to experiment and grow in any direction that you want and when you grow, we grow. Being a major player gives us countless opportunities to make a real impact and shape the future. .
If this sounds exciting to you, come join the journey and build the future with us!
This is a full-time position with placement in Stockholm. Please apply with your CV and a short motivation as soon as possible, no later than 31th of August. If you have any questions about the role or the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition Partner, Marta Wieczorek