Viaplay Group entertains millions of people every day with streaming services, radio networks, TV, and production companies. We’re already the Nordic region’s leading streaming and entertainment provider - and we’re now to become the European streaming champion with an offensive expansion plan. Our ambition is for Viaplay to be available in 16 countries by end of 2023, including launch in the Baltics, Poland, and the US in 2021. And a lot more to come.
Would you like to be part of this exciting journey and be part of our continued success? Are you motivated by developing something that makes people happy? Perfect, then we could have a match! With expansion in mind, our top priority is to have a scalable and resilient platform. We are now looking for more Backend Developers to join our team - send us your application today!
As a Backend Developer at Viaplay, you will have the opportunity to build the most sought-after streaming service in the Nordics. You will be at the forefront of digital media and develop the platform for our continuously growing user base. Your engagement will shape the future of our service as you will be involved in defining the future for video on demand. You will be part of growing the platform, enhance our user experience, and create the next generation of streaming services.
We thrive in using the latest technology, always keeping up to date and constantly develop our ways of working. We work with Node.js in a micro-services architecture that runs serverless in AWS. Also, we build our whole product here in-house.
The journey ahead
You will join a kick-ass cross-functional team (client and backend development, QA, product management) and deliver engineering solutions aligned with technical and product long-term visions. The team delivers on clear goals based on our customer journey and are fully autonomous in how to create the best solutions to reach their goals. In other words, if you are into working in an innovative way and done with just delivering on Jira tickets all day - we have an offer you can’t refuse!
Some of your daily tasks will include:
- Building solid and high performing micro-services in Node.js.
- Microservice/Serverless architecture.
- Using multiple programming paradigms and languages.
- Flexible production environment supported by Docker hosted in the Amazon Cloud.
- An agile development process where we promote pair/mob programming.
- Improving our product iterations based on consumer feedback and behavior data.
What we are looking for
Ideal candidates also meet the following requirements:
- Solid work life experience developing web based services, using Node.js.
- Good understanding of REST API.
- Understanding of test- or behavior-driven development (TDD/BDD) including supporting frameworks.
- Experience in developing services in AWS.
- An interest and motivation to work with modern frameworks.
Bonus requirements that will make you stand out from the rest:
- Experience working with a state-less and high transactional end-user product.
- Experience of working with some modern frontend frameworks, such as React.js.
We offer you
Our HQ is in Stockholm, but our market is expanding beyond that. You will become part of an amazing company with great people, content and culture. Some of the benefits we offer you when working here are:
- An agile approach, freedom to try out new things and make decisions in an autonomous team
- A place to grow and learn from our mistakes. We have a learning and development-focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
- An innovative environment with hack days two times a year.
- An international and diverse environment with people from all over the world working here. We have 35+ different nationalities in the office coming from different backgrounds.
- We inspire others and share knowledge openly.
- An attractive offer with a beneficial occupational pension plan, insurance plan, health care, 30 days of paid vacation, flexible work hours and parental leave pay lift.
Hit Play on your career!
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity to you, please apply, and attach your CV and cover letter. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact our recruiter Jessica.
Viaplay Group AB (publ.) is committed to equality and diversity and we welcome applications from all qualified people regardless of ethnicity, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and marital status. We want to make sure your recruitment experience is the best it can be - so, if you’re selected for an interview, please let us know if there are any adjustments we can make that would be helpful for you.
Viaplay Group AB (publ.) is the Nordic region’s leading entertainment provider. We entertain millions of people every day with our streaming services, TV channels and radio stations, and our production companies create content that is experienced around the world. We make life more entertaining by telling stories, touching lives and expanding worlds - from live sports, movies and series to music and original shows. Headquartered in Stockholm, Viaplay Group is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (‘VPLAY A’ and ‘VPLAY B’).