As an Embedded Software Test Engineer, within the u-blox R&D organization, you have an important role together with colleagues who design, develop, and verify software for Bluetooth and Wi-Fi modules to make Internet of Things become a reality. We are working with IP-based services, cloud services, network and product security, and applications based on WLAN and Bluetooth BR/EDR/low energy communication.
You are an experienced engineer, have some years experience or newly graduated, important to us is your motivation and genuine interest in the wireless IoT technology.
You are responsible for the development of system firmware, to verify and trouble shoot the bring up of new chip set, integrated in products containing u-blox and third-party hardware and software. This means also to configure the software build and development environment for our chip set vendors hardware and software evaluation kit. The development is done in C and C# for our different Wi-Fi and Bluetooth standalone modules. You will also be an important person to improve our way of working regarding verification of requirements. You have previous experience of embedded software implementation and trouble shooting within wireless communication or have a great interest to learn and grow your skills in Internet of Things technology.
You will be part of building up a system development and verification team. Your skills and experience in development, test planning, execution and automation will contribute to establishing this discipline within u-blox. It´s a plus if you have an embedded software development background and/or if you have experience in radio hardware testing.
- Take ownership of the development of integration and verification test
- Product firmware update verification and trouble shooting
- Identify the need of exploratory testing and develop the test environment
- Develop automated and hardware tests
- Verification of requirements
Your Skills and Experience
- M.sc or B.sc degree in Engineering
- Skills in development/trouble-shooting/verification
- Proficient in system knowledge, testing tools, issue reporting, documentation
- Wireless knowledge in general
- Good interpersonal skills. Be able to collaborate with internal and external partners.
- Great communication skills. At ease with developer interaction
- English written and spoken (company’s language)
- Holder of Swedish work permit
Bonus Point – Tech stack
- Wireless knowledge in general and Bluetooth and WLAN in particular
- Test framework, Nunit
- Programming in C, C#, Python
- Agile development tool Jira
What are your perks?
- A multicultural and international company with over 50 different nationalities
- Project-based activities working with colleagues distributed across the globe
- A start-up and innovation mindset while in the process of scaling-up processes and efficiencies
- Focus on staff welfare by having socio-medical services
- Nice central location in modern premises in the western harbor near Dockan in Malmö
We see diversity as a strength and promote a culture of inclusion among our employees. Our varied backgrounds, ideas and experiences are critical to our success. We strive to become a strong learning organization and are committed to provide our employees with equal opportunities regardless of differences such as gender, race, ethnicity, generations, belief.