At Meltwater we’re creating the next generation media intelligence solutions for a global client base. We’re an international company with engineering offices on 3 continents and sales offices all over the world.
In this role you will be working as a member of an experienced distributed team building a platform for our engineers to make the journey of code to production easier. By providing the best tools, services and solutions you will help shape the future of Meltwater’s developer experience.
We run on AWS and provide a deployment platform running on hundreds of Kubernetes nodes, hosting thousands of containerized applications. On our telemetry platform we collect and index in Elasticsearch hundreds of thousands of events per second and terabytes of data per day.
On the software side, the languages we most often code in are Python, Go, Shell and Typescript.
You will join us to keep our services reliable, available and efficient and to scale them to match our developers' growing needs.
The team is currently located in Gothenburg, Sweden and Budapest, Hungary but we’re working remotely most of the time. As such, relocation to Gothenburg/Budapest, hybrid or fully remote options within a number of European countries are available. You will have opportunities to travel to meet the team in person once it feels safe and possible again.
This role would be a good fit for someone who:
- Has an appetite for learning and trying new things. We encourage research, experimentation and we value learning from failure as much as success. If you do as well, then you’ll have a lot of opportunities here.
- Loves creating a good developer experience. You’ll be working with some of the most important tools developers at Meltwater use every day, so you’ll do well if you can approach problems from the users’ perspective.
- Enjoys collaboration. We build our solutions in tight collaboration with other engineering teams as customers, so if you enjoy sitting together to understand the problem and brainstorm a solution, you will thrive in this position.
- Values clear, open communication. We see clear and thoughtful communication (including a willingness to give & receive feedback) as a fundamental engineering skill.
- Can carry a conversation in English. Given the distributed nature of the team and the company, English is our primary language.
- Likes being a generalist. We’re a small team, so there will be plenty of opportunities to touch all levels of the stack — the ideal candidate would enjoy a bit of variety in their work.
- You have substantial professional experience in a similar software engineering role (generally this translates to > 5 years).
- You pay attention to the details and are thorough in your troubleshooting of issues.
- You manage infrastructure with code and have experience with configuration management like Terraform.
- You have production experience with distributed compute/storage tools , e.g. Kubernetes, Kafka, Elasticsearch.
- You are familiar with AWS and cloud-native technologies.
- You have experience with automation and CI/CD.
- You are fluent in at least one of Python, Golang or Typescript.
- You are familiar with Prometheus and have experience with Distributed Tracing.
- You have a keen interest in technology. You like to keep up with the latest developments and to be an active part of the community.
Meltwater truly believes that people with different backgrounds and perspectives will make our environment better and raise the quality of our products. We’re actively working with diversity and inclusion and encourage everybody to join us in our journey!
Addendum: In a world not dealing with a pandemic you will have opportunities to travel to meet your colleagues. At the moment we are all remote first, and we are evaluating how to learn from the positives of this in a post-Corona world.