- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
About Star Stable Entertainment
Star Stable Entertainment was founded in 2011, sparked by a desire for a game that could make a difference. Although half of gamers are girls and women, they were under-represented in the gaming industry, both as characters and creators. We dreamed of an epic online world where tween and teen girls could share an amazing experience. And we wanted to challenge how things were done in a male-dominated industry.
The result was Star Stable Online, which has gone on to become the world’s number one horse game with over 21 million registered users across 180 countries. We’re thrilled to welcome fun-loving players to the island of Jorvik, with its breathtaking scenery, beautiful horses, and magical quests. And we’re proud to see each player's special bond with their four-legged friends and the passionate community of Star Stable players.
As of 2022, our company has 200+ employees with a female to male ratio of 54/46, unheard of in the gaming industry. Our world has expanded into the Star Stable Universe and includes books, music, animated series, and mobile apps. And we continue to champion diverse characters and narratives, encouraging our audience to be their true selves. It’s wonderful to see our dream resonate with so many players around the world, and we can’t wait to share more stories and experiences with them!
Have you always wanted to work on an MMO? Do you want to be part of developing the best multiplayer adventure for girls?
Star Stable Entertainment is looking for a passionate Graphics Programmer who possesses a passion for breathing life, realism and fun into games. As part of the team you will work closely with our game development teams, across all disciplines, and help drive our technology forward to support the creation of the Star Stable product line.
If you are a team player that is results oriented and has the passion to take on new challenges, look no further!
As a Graphics Programmer at Star Stable you will:
- Plan & implement 3D/Graphics feature data pipeline.
- Fix graphics/rendering issues in game.
- Contribute well-structured code that meets game design and technical requirements.
- Optimise code and data for memory usage and performance.
- Help to identify and solve development obstacles or risks.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a passion for low-level programming and solid knowledge of at least one rendering API (OpenGL, Metal, DirectX, Vulkan).
- Has a solid understanding of shaders (GLSL/HLSL).
- Is comfortable with using maths and algorithms.
- Is great at communicating and really interested in collaborating with fellow engineers, designers, QA, and artists on making our engine better.
- Has C++ and object oriented programming skills.
- Has familiarity with automated software testing and test driven development.
To thrive in this role, we believe that you:
- Have a critical mindset and like to give suggestions for improvement.
- Show a team-oriented approach.
- Are driven and proactively seek help and advocate for quality.
- Have excellent problem-solving skills.
- Are proactive and take the initiative.
- Have experience working with Visual Studio and version control systems (Perforce, GitHub etc)
- Have the ability to give and receive feedback.
- Have passion for gaming.
- Have excellent interpersonal communication skills.
Interested? This is what we can offer you:
- Flexible working opportunities.
- We’re more than 50% female-identifying! #YES to #WomenInTech!
- We’re known to throw good parties from time to time.
- We may be a big group, but we’re a tight-knit team! A diverse team of friendly, fun, and supportive co-workers from 20 different countries!
- 30 Vacation Days.
- ITP1 Insurance plan.
- Parental pay top up to 90%
At Star Stable Entertainment, you will be a part of diverse culture with a no-crunch policy, a prioritised work-life balance, and a workforce eager to test and try new things! We are on an adventure to scale our unique impact in the world with new franchises across desktop/mobile, long-form animation, and a licensing program all currently in development.
If you are excited about making a difference and being part of an exciting journey then we would love to hear from you!