- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will be part of the Robotics team at ABB Research in Västerås, Sweden. In our role as ABB Research, we ensure ABB's technology competitiveness now and in future.
In the Robotics team we focus on mechatronics concepts, design and robot intelligence in both industrial and service robot segments. The research activities are usually formulated as technology pre-study and technology development projects. We work closely with ABB's Robotics business to ensure our research will bring unique value for ABB business. At the same time, we have close collaboration with academic world to bridge the academic and industrial research.
In this team, one of our historical highlights is the creation and development of the dual-arm YuMi robot concept and the mobile YuMi concept.
This position reports to Robotics and Mechatronics Team Manager.
- Develop new technologies that is crucial for the factory-of-the-future in discrete manufacturing.
- Focus on intelligent robot control and manipulating with use of machine vision (and other sensing technique such as force control) technology and machine learning.
- Exploring autonomous robot manipulating scenarios under unstructured environment.
- Deploying technologies to real robot system for verification and validation.
- Documenting the technology development results as technical reports, invention disclosures and scientific articles.
- A MSc or PhD degree in Robotics/Control, Machine Vision or Computer Science.
- 2-5 years' experience in developing machine vision technology for robot applications.
- Good theoretical knowledge and experience in the fields of robot control, machine vision and good understanding of robot applications.
- Software skills in C++ and Python are important and experience of ROS is an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of machine learning will be a merit.
- You enjoy driving specific activities to successful conclusion while following a visionary continuity in your work.
- You should be capable of working both independently and in a team.
- As you will be working in an international environment, it's required that you have good communication skills in English.
More about us
Recruiting Manager Liwei Qi, +4621-32 32 87, will answer your questions about the position. Union representatives – Sveriges Ingenjörer: Mikael Blomqvist, +4621-34 21 48; Unionen: Ing-Marie B Lindgren-Turpeinen, +4621-32 95 83; Ledarna: Lenny Larsson, +4621-32 85 47. All other questions can be directed to Talent Partner Johanna Rosén, +4621-32 50 00.
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website http://www.abb.com.