- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
About this opportunity
We are hiring, are you ready to create the 5G future?
Predicting the future is fun. Inventing it is powerful. We do both. 5G is here, and Ericsson is the leader in bringing it to market. With the commercial launch of 5G in 2020, we would like to find new members in our section to join and develop 5G further, there has never been a better time for you to make your mark. The possibilities are endless across industries and from automotive and transport to agriculture, utilities, and more.
Within Network System and Verification Unit (NSV) we are responsible for development, release and maintenance of Ericsson Radio Access Networks (RAN) and our Cloud RAN products. To meet the next step, we have accelerated the efforts towards 5G and the NSV Resilience group is responsible for specifying requirements and solutions for the RAN area. The group drives studies in early phases (concept evaluations and pre-studies) as well as securing characteristics through involvement in the Product Development and Testing phases. The department also contributes in the 3GPP standardization for 4G and 5G.
We are now looking for a NR System Characteristics developer in the area of RAN Product Characteristics.
The main responsibility for the characteristics group at NSV unit is focused on the product characteristic of the radio control software, embracing both 4G and 5G. For us, product characteristics is about performance, throughput, CPU (Central Processing Unit) utilization, latency etc. The product characteristics quality is in our focus / requires strong guardianship due to constant change of the product code.
What you will do
- Develop methods, tools and collaborations within Ericsson and with partners in order to secure world class product characteristics.
- Have close corporation with designers, other system departments and test groups.
- Look towards 5G and beyond a more flexible and scalable architecture for 4G and 5G is a necessity, why the work with a new architecture suited for cloud deployment is ongoing.
- As a System Developer there will be opportunities for several interesting and challenging tasks, such as driving early phases concept studies, acting as bridge to design and verification, taking responsibility for a specific technical area, Characteristics requirement management and verification, low level product performance analysis (or as we call it Profiling), customer contacts and much more!
You will bring
- A spirit of positiveness and creativeness with a can-do-attitude.
- Great communicating skills.
- A team-spirit mentality to reach common goals together with your team.
- A positive mindset.
- A great deal of care for well-crafted software.
- Interest or Knowledge in Cloud/x86 cloud, container technologies, development of microservices, SW architecture and agile methods and continuous integration environments is beneficial.
- Interest or Knowledge in Virtualization, cloud, container technologies, development of microservices, SW architecture and agile methods and continuous integration is beneficial.
- MSc or BSc level in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or equivalent level of knowledge.
- Programming skills in object-oriented programming languages such as C/C++. Other programming languages are highly valuable as well.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in English.
- Education and experience in Software development and/or low level product profiling is beneficial.
- Experience from working in technical R&D roles.
Why join Ericsson?
At Ericsson, you´ll have an outstanding opportunity. The chance to use your skills and imagination to push the boundaries of what´s possible. To build never seen before solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems. You´ll be challenged, but you won’t be alone. You´ll be joining a team of diverse innovators, all driven to go beyond the status quo to craft what comes next.
What happens once you apply?
Click Here to find all you need to know about what our typical hiring process looks like.
If you have any specific questions about this role, please contact recruiter Stefan Vasiljevic at [email protected].
Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.
You will report to: Product Development Leader
Location for this role: Linköping, Sweden
Last day to apply: As soon as possible
Curious to know more about the life at Ericsson? Meet some of your future colleagues and watch our People film.
Encouraging a diverse and inclusive organization is core to our values at Ericsson, that's why we nurture it in everything we do. We truly believe that by collaborating with people with different experiences we drive innovation, which is essential for our future growth. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our Ericsson team.
Ericsson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, learn more.
Primary country and city: Sweden (SE) || Sweden : Östergötland : Linköping
Job details: Developer
Primary Recruiter: Stefan Vasiljevic