- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Resolution Games is a Stockholm-based VR/AR studio focused on creating immersive experiences for all - from gamers to non-gamers alike. We are now looking for a Technical Artist to join the team.
About the role
In the role as a Technical Artist at Resolution Games you will act as a bridge between programmers and artists to help us push the envelope graphically in our projects. You will boil down technically complex ideas so that everyone can understand them before starting implementation. In this role you will focus on finding solutions for artists and programmers to improve workflow efficiency.
You will be part of our Shared Production team that contributes to all company projects together with a lot of other disciplines such as VFX, Animation, QA, UX etc. This gives you the opportunity to work on a wide array of groundbreaking VR/AR experiences. You will have a leading role in figuring out ways to bring the artistic vision of our games into constrained platforms like the Oculus Quest.
What you'll do:
- Shader authoring and maintenance for multiple platforms
- Analyze and improve the rendering performance of various titles
- Create particles and other visual effects
- Create tools and asset pipelines for other artists at Resolution Games
- Setup rendering budgets in collaboration with 3D and VFX artists
- Help setup lighting and the overall rendering style of the project
- Good knowledge of Unity and C#
- Good knowledge of HLSL or other shader programming language
- Good understanding of modern graphics pipelines (OpenGL, DirectX, or Vulkan)
- Good knowledge of Maya, Blender, or similar tool
- Previous experience working in tools and methods used for analyzing and optimizing rendering performance (RenderDoc, Snapdragon profiler, unity profiler etc.)
- Expert knowledge of shader authoring for both mobile and high-end platforms
Nice to have:
- Experience working with Adobe substance designer
- Experience programming in Python
- Experience from Mobile VR or Mobile Games
To be successful in the role as a Technical Artist it is important that you are a great communicator. You will be working closely with both engineers and artists and you will need to have the ability to explain complex theories in a methodical and clear manner. We also believe you have a knack for problem-solving and an eye for visuals.
Who we are
Resolution Games is a visual computing studio with a proven track record creating immersive gaming experiences for all. We believe that VR and AR aren’t just an add-on for gaming; they are the next logical steps for games. As players and game developers alike, we’ve always dreamed of this day - the day when we can be IN the games we love. That day is finally here, and we are putting all of our energy into making the most of it for all, whether it’s creating a positive experience for someone testing out VR for the first time to delivering a rich, in-depth multiplayer game that keeps enthusiasts hungry for more.
We are looking for someone who wants a unique opportunity and enjoys collaborating. Someone who wants to be a part of a team raising the bar and creating a new set of standards. Our colleagues have can-do attitudes who appreciate a small studio culture. Therefore, even though we have grown, we continue to work in small teams and experiment while tackling complex challenges. We value having every voice heard and seek out diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do. Last but not least, we want those of you who are not just skilled but also a great addition to the team. That is because we believe in team over the individual, a great mix of freedom with responsibility, and that people should always come before the process. P.S. Employee stock options are available.