- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
About this opportunity
At Product Development Unit Baseband Systems our main task is systemize and develop advanced radio network functions for the 5G NR RAN, including cloud RAN/future 6G platforms requirements on RRM systemization. We engage in the complete feature flow, from early phase concept development to the systemization and design of RRM algorithms. We use simulators to optimize radio network algorithms but also collect and analyse data from customer networks and perform troubleshooting.
We are now looking for a Radio Network System Developer that will join our excellent Radio Resource Management team to work with RAN algorithms that make efficient use of the radio resources, used frequency band, installed equipment and allow operators to control the network performance. We work with developing solutions for RAN features, development of 5G-software simulations, supporting the deployment of our new 5G products, and much, much more!
What you will do
- Perform systems studies primarily in Radio Resource Management, e.g. Scheduling, Link Adaptation, time critical communication, and control channel radio resource management.
- Specify system features and functions, test cases, algorithms, use cases, parameter settings and address any interactions with legacy features and functionality.
- Develop network-level software simulations for the performance analysis of 5G features and algorithms.
- Drive continuous improvements of products, simulation tools and processes (feature flow).
- Solution package (SP) study lead and to participate in System trouble report team.
- Contribute to advances in 5G Standards in terms of BB SW 6G readiness.
- Contribute to Innovation and Ericsson IPR. File Invention disclosures and Patents.
- Support 5G system verification and perform analysis of test results
- Support the deployment of new 5G products and features into customer networks. Work with Customer troubleshooting and analysis. Understand customer configurations and issues.
- Work collaboratively on new features, simulations and improvements with cross-functional development and customer engagement teams worldwide.
You will bring
- Knowledge of scheduling, link adaptation or related RRM areas. Background in communications theory and digital signal processing
- Experience from Radio access technologies (NR, LTE, WCDMA, GSM), Baseband and/or HW/SW design or research.
- Solid understanding of NR 3GPP specifications, especially in the areas of the Physical Layer, Radio Resource Management and Mobility
- Experience in SW development for Radio Network Simulations. Languages include: Java, Matlab, C and C++
- Analytical mindset, high capacity, and result oriented ability to deliver under pressure.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and manage many different projects at once
- Experience in leading technical teams and/or perceived as a technical leader is beneficial
- Excellent English skills, both verbal and written, providing effective communication building positive relationships internally as well as externally.
- Candidate should be highly motivated, a self-starter, and a phenomenal teammate
- M. Sc. or Ph.D. degree in a relevant area, preferably with proven experience and knowledge in the above-mentioned required skills areas.
We encourage you to apply!
Location: Kista, Stockholm.
Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.
Please send in your application in English as soon as possible since the process is ongoing.
Why join Ericsson?
At Ericsson, you´ll have an outstanding opportunity. The chance to use your skills and imagination to push the boundaries of what´s possible. To build never seen before solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems. You´ll be challenged, but you won’t be alone. You´ll be joining a team of diverse innovators, all driven to go beyond the status quo to craft what comes next.