Software Engineer .Net - Professional
At Volvo Group Digital & IT, we have a clear ambition to enable value creation at scale for the Volvo Group. With a new product centric operating model and digital technologies, we will produce digital offerings that are profitable, scalable, and differentiated. With Volvo Group Digital & IT, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals, who learn continuously and embrace change to stay ahead. We have a very important role to play in reaching the Volvo Group ambitions for 2030. Do you want to be part of our transformation journey towards becoming the digital capability of the Group? The time is now.
This will be us - your colleagues within Digital Delivery
Digital Delivery is a new function within Volvo Group Digital & IT. It has the ambition to identify and execute on new digital initiatives in tight collaboration with TD/BAs and Group Functions as well as modernize and transform our existing solutions into products and to secure agile ways of working across the whole Digital Delivery function.
Together with our digital talents, we will work on solution design and deliveries to improve business performance and create value at scale for Volvo Group. Included in our mission is to drive an efficient Volvo Group Digital & IT interface and Portfolio Management for the TD/BAs and Group Functions.
We collaborate with other parts of the organization, both in Volvo Group Digital & IT, with TD/BAs and Group Functions. We foster an environment where ideas, thoughts and opinions can be shared. We are team players with clear common ambitions, and we win together.
Your Mission If You Accept It
- Write clean, testable, scalable code using .NET programming languages
- Always be up to date with technological developments and be proactive about the developments to be implemented to avoid any risk of technical debt.
- Review and refactor code
- Implementing business logic and developing APIs and services
- Experience with .NET Core, .NET
- Knowledge in Unit/integration testing and/or TDD
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Good knowledge about implementation of microservices
- SQL &/Or NoSQL Skills
- Experience with distributed version control system (GIT)
Nice to have
- Knowledge on how to work with S.O.L.I.D principles
- Experience with Azure DevOps
- Experience with development in Microsoft Azure or other cloud solutions like AWS
Who are you?
- Your transparency, commitment and reliability make your colleagues and customers trust you
- You are eager to learn new technologies
- Hyper virtual collaboration has no secret for you
- Have great design and problem-solving skills
- Passion for engineering best practices, clean code and automating routine tasks
Are we a good match?
In the Volvo Group, we have defined leadership as a set of observable behaviors that leaders exercise to achieve alignment towards our vision 2030, to better execute our strategy and for the Group to continuously renew itself to “Perform and Transform”. To reach our vision and deliver on our strong commitments, we need to pair “the will” with “the skill”. That is why our leadership principles are behavioral based. The principles Lead with Passion, Perform with Purpose and Transform with Vision are our values in action, and they will strengthen our culture.
In your role as Line Manager, we expect you to develop your area of responsibility by having the ability to define the right priorities based on a customer centric mindset. We encourage the ability to drive business forward and act upon opportunities and ideas and transform them into value (financial, cultural, or social) for others. We create an environment where of continuously improvements and learning maximize the outcome of our work.
To achieve our goals, we collaborate within and across teams. We empower others to grow and create a sense of unity and trust by nurturing open dialogues and collective work. We build a work environment where diversity in expertise, opinion and culture is valued.
Are you curious and have questions? Call us!
Marcos Sousa +5541991858320
Union representatives Göteborg
Akademikerna – Therese Koggdal, +46 470 387855
Unionen – Lajla Dahlsjö, +46 31 3224575
Ledarna – Ulrika Holmberg, +46 73 9025071
We are happy to get your application.
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.