- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
At Viaplay Group, we entertain millions of people every day through our streaming services, radio networks, TV channels and production studios. We believe in the power of content not just as a way of telling stories and touching lives, but also expanding worlds.
We may have started in the Nordics, but we have a global mindset and consider ourselves to be the international streaming challenger. This means we’re constantly launching our Viaplay streaming service in new markets and on the lookout for talented, curious, driven professionals to join us on our journey.
Right now, we’re searching for a Site Reliability Engineer in our Stockholm office - are you ready to hit play on an exciting career change?
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) within the Content Infrastructure team, you will be a key contributor to our core infrastructure, ensuring that we retain stable, up to date and modern systems to serve Viaplay Group’s numerous services ranging from internal development to customer facing streaming.
You will be joining the current team of seven, with various skillsets that are responsible for large parts of Viaplay Group’s core infrastructure. The team works with these pillars of infrastructure - Compute, Network, Storage, and Security - in a hybrid cloud environment. We encourage a culture of open communication and information sharing to achieve efficiency in not having to solve the same problems twice.
Some examples of what we do:
- Provide private cloud services through OpenStack
- Manage multi-petabyte storage to several departments
- Build and manage the streaming platform where all Viaplay Sports and streaming TV channels originate
We work in a rolling 24/7 on call schedule. Once you are comfortable with the interworking of our systems, and receive training, you will join the rotation where you will have a week of on call duties once every 7 to 8 weeks.
What we’re looking for
We understand you may feel confident ticking certain boxes more than others and that’s why we always keep an open mind in our recruitment process. But, in order to thrive in this role, we do believe you’ll have at least some experience in the following:
- You should be knowledgeable working in various Linux distributions
- Possess proficiency in a scription or programming language, preferably Python and/or shell
- Experience installing and maintaining hardware in a modern datacenter and working with layer 2 and layer 3 networking
- Automation and configuration management tools - Salt, Ansible, etc…
- Experience managing distributed storage systems
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Docker and on premises Kubernetes management
- Spectrum Scale management experience
- Load balancing and Caching optimization
- We’ve got the basics covered (and then some)! 30 days of paid vacation every year, flexible work arrangements (that fully support hybrid set ups - ELIGIBLE ROLES ONLY) and extra compensation on top of a parental pay lift.
- Your wellbeing matters. We have an attractive pension and insurance scheme with full health care coverage should you need it.
- A safe space to grow and up-skill with the freedom to try new things in autonomous teams. Our learning culture puts you in the driver’s seat of your own development, while always making sure you feel supported with regular knowledge-sharing sessions, technical training, mentorship opportunities and peer-to-peer networks.
- An innovative environment with Hack Days, not once, but twice a year. This week-long initiative allows you to think outside the box and deliver creative, technical solutions that (more often than not) go on to be implemented, either in our product or our ways of working.
- A genuinely international and diverse group of colleagues to connect with. We’re striving towards a 50:50 gender balance & we’re not far off - plus last time we checked, we have more than 60 different nationalities across our nine offices!
- Entertainment is what we love, and entertainment is what we do. So, unlimited access to Viaplay seems only fair for you to get to know the product - including live sports & pay per view events, new release movie rentals, linear channels and more.
Hit play today
If this feels like your kind of challenge, make sure you apply by attaching your CV here - you may also want to add your LinkedIn profile. Please don’t send us your application via email because we won’t be able to accept it. We do, however, welcome any questions you may have about this particular position.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we do? Check out our careers page (https://careers.viaplaygroup.com/)or follow us on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/accounts/login/?next=%2Flifeatviaplaygroup%2F&source=omni_redirect)! We’re only ever a few clicks away.