- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
We are Arelion. You may not have heard of us; though, we are pretty sure you are using our network every day. As a Tier 1 Network provider, operating the most connected Internet backbone on the planet, we are quite passionate about what we do. If you peek under the lid, you’ll find all sorts of passionate geeks within; people who get out of bed each morning because they care for fiber cables, telco housing, routers, wavelength multiplex systems, and, even, software services. The one thing we have in common is our passion for the Internet and our honored customers.
The Software Engineering team is supporting the entire organization, shaping and building software solutions to, at the end of the day, delight our customers. Not everything we do is customer facing, but it’s for sure with the customers in mind. In order to make our colleagues and customers even happier, we need to strengthen the team by adding a Software Engineer. You need at least a couple of years of relevant experience in the field to be able to make your way into the team. More and broader experience is of course welcome, but not a hard requirement. We’ll offer the right candidate to chance to work with us in a multi-skilled, cross-border team supporting a multi-national organization with demanding customers. We’ll offer an open environment where you’ll be able to contribute, learn, and grow.
The main responsibilities are:
- Contribute to the agile development and maintenance in the Software Engineering team
- Ensure systems and integrations are well tested before UAT
- Ensure your code and design is in line with our architecture and vision
- Demo prototypes to business stakeholders
The main tasks are:
- Design, develop and system test functionality in existing and new systems
- Correct and test defects in existing systems and integrations
- Set up and configure new infrastructure environments when needed
- Learn new things every day
We believe that you have:
- A degree in computer science or other relevant background
- A few years of work experience in relevant system development
- Solid skills in:
- Software development using Java 11+ and Spring Boot or Java EE
- Modern integration technologies like REST or GraphQL
- Hands-on experience of:
- Using Linux and other open-source software (FOSS)
- One or more RDBMS and/or NoSQL data stores
- Common tools and service like git, Github, Docker, bash
- Continuous delivery, automatic tests, and DevOps way of working
- Greater knowledge or interest in one or more of the following areas:
- Application scaling and high availability
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), Infrastructure-as-code, Terraform
- Container technologies
- Modern IT security
- GUI design and frontend development
- Ability to work independently when needed but care about the team
- A passion to explore and learn more
- Good social and interpersonal skills
- We also expect you to be fluent in English, both written and oral
Your personal characteristics
You have a strong will to contribute to the development projects and to the team output as a whole. You are eager to learn new things and at the same time open to sharing knowledge and experience with your colleagues. Furthermore, you are open to working in a mix of methodologies, nationalities, and cultures. You love coding and you aim at delivering high quality software but can at the same time accept that perfection is not always possible to reach.
From humble beginnings in the early 1990s, we have become connectivity partner of choice to the world’s largest content providers, operators and enterprises. In the past, our network laid the very foundations of the Internet revolution and today it’s enabling digitalization throughout business and society.
Arelion, formerly Telia Carrier, is owned by Polhem Infra, a Swedish investment company backed by some of the largest Swedish public pension funds. We started building our network in 1993, when our Autonomous System, AS1299, was allocated, and we’ve grown organically ever since. Our network now stretches 70,000 kms across Europe, North America and Asia and lets you connect directly to more than 2,300 wholesale customers in more than 125 countries. With more than 450 local access partners around the world, we are the backbone of your business, wherever you are.