Soundtrack Your Brand is a B2B scale-up company providing music streaming services to more than 60,000 businesses in over 70 countries, from the café round the corner to bigger brands like McDonald's, Toni & Guy and TAG Heuer.
The company consists of 80+ talented, motivated and humble employees. We believe in product-led growth (https://openviewpartners.com/product-led-growth/), where the product is the primary driver of customer acquisition, conversion and expansion. Our headquarters are located in central Stockholm (Odenplan).
We're looking for a senior frontend engineer for the Music Experience team.
Music is the core of Soundtrack’s product. The Music Experience team is a newly formed vertical team that is dedicated to ownership and development of all music features, like music onboarding, home, search, stations, user created playlists, schedules and artist/album/playlist detail pages. The team owns the features end to end, from UX/UI to APIs, databases, and machine learning.
As a senior frontend engineer in the team, you’ll be working on a wide range of user-centric projects together with other engineers, product owners, UI/UX designers, machine learning experts, researchers, music experts and analysts.
Your primary focus will be to drive UI development of music features on the apps built on React/React Native (written in TypeScript). You can download our app (https://www.soundtrackyourbrand.com/apps-and-hardware/) and sign up for a free trial to get a first hand experience of our features.
We are a data driven team and will continuously iterate based on insights, A/B testing and qualitative user feedback. Ideas can come from anyone, data is the final judge.
- Building, releasing and continuously improving existing features together with UI/UX designers, researchers and analysts.
- Developing and maintaining consistent and reusable UI components/libraries used by multiple teams
- Collaborate with Soundtrack’s UI staff engineer and our API engineers to continuously advance our UI architecture and improve how we work with UI development, A/B testing, feature flags, messaging and localization
- Contribute to the team’s vision, strategy and agenda
- Helping the team grow as a whole by sharing knowledge and lifting each other up
We're always looking to work with people who are friendly, professional, humble, open, and with a passion for details. You are probably not a stranger to describing yourself as:
- Self-sustaining - you can work independently, taking initiatives and planning your own time
- Curious - you enjoy learning new things to grow both professionally as well as on a personal level
- A good communicator - you enjoy discussing different solutions and strategies for technical challenges
- Agile - you feel comfortable in a dynamic environment where focus lies in what’s important here and now, with the ability to realize when it's time to change the game plan and when to stick to it
- Humble - you are an open person, you say what you mean and mean what you say
- Street smart - crafty, able to build solutions with limited resources
- Not a perfectionist - but disciplined and methodical in your approach to solving problems
- Worked with a JS framework such as React, React Native, Angular or Vue.js
- Experienced with Git or another distributed source management system
Meriting experience (not required)
- General interest in music and/or music technology
- iOS, Android, Mac, and/or Windows app development
- Modern web development
- GraphQL APIs and libraries (we use Apollo)
- Automated testing (especially front-end)
- Basic knowledge of functional programming
- Front-end development/build pipelines using Webpack/Rollup or similar
- Backend development (our backend is primarily built in Go, Scala and python)
- Container based deployments using Docker/Kubernetes
- You have the freedom to decide where you work the best with our Work From Anywhere program with a one-off setup bonus included
- Generous pension plan
- Yearly budget for health, wellness and personal development
- Laptop and mobile phone of your choice with included cellular subscription.
- Regular social activities such as team events, meet ups, after works and off-sites
- Daily breakfast served at the office