- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
At Volvo Financial Services, we are transforming together to shape the world we want to live in. As the captive finance arm of the Volvo Group, VFS delivers innovative, responsive financial solutions that fit the way businesses work today, as well as how they will work in the future. Through our dedication to innovation, we support our customers in the adoption of sustainable transport and equipment solutions.
At VFS, you will be part of a global and diverse team of trusted financial experts in the transportation and equipment industry whose passion is to cultivate customer relationships. We are knowledgeable, yet approachable, and customers can always count on us. We also embrace new ideas and challenge the status quo, believing that innovation is driven by a willingness to change to stay ahead and find smart ways to create new solutions to help our customers win.
The Global Headquarters for Volvo Financial Services is located in Greensboro, North Carolina where the President of the Business Area, the finance department, and the functional leaders for credit/risk management, communications, human resources, and legal are located.
This position will be part of the Global Headquarters Financial Planning & Analysis team. The scope of the role extends geographically through support of nearly 50 countries with significant cross-functional engagement (i.e. partnering with sales, operations, risk, accounting, capital markets, marketing, IT, etc.). The ideal candidate possesses the ability to extract knowledge and insight from a set of financial and statistical data, can communicate effectively with colleagues from a variety of cultures, and has an enthusiastic attitude with the capacity to quickly fill in any gaps he or she may have relative to the experience requirements listed below. This person would also have an interest in pursuing future international projects and assignments.
The Financial Data Analyst will report to the Visualization and Automation Manager. The location for this role will be one of the hub locations for VFS in Europe (Sweden, Poland, UK, Germany or France).
- Act as a strategic partner/consultant, responding to and communicating thoroughly and efficiently to both internal and external customer requests.
- Develops visualizations and advanced analytics with regions and local VFS markets.
- Develops visualizations and advanced analytics used in Finance, and in support of the Chief Credit Officer and Capital Strategies.
- Works with IT to ensure critical data elements are incorporated into data warehousing technology.
- Works with business and technology experts to explore, prioritize, and develop new business tools utilizing both descriptive and predictive analytics.
- Works with analytics practitioners around VFS to develop and share best practices in areas of predictive modeling, data mining, and optimization of business practices.
- Assist VFS Capital Strategies VP with analytics surrounding global funding strategy execution.
- Analyze trends within VFS relative to external financial services organizations.
- Support the finance function in developing executive information, reporting, and measurements for financial and non-financial data.
- Participate in business intelligence initiatives in the markets, regions, and Global HQ.
- Ensure VFS financial policies and procedures are controlled, tracked, reported, and analyzed in a timely manner.
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis in support of the finance department, SVP Credit and Risk, SVP Marketing and Communications, etc.
Education & Professional Experience
- BS/BA in finance, economics, computer science, engineering, statistics, mathematics, or related field is required.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Qlik Sense.
- Structured, data-driven, and quantitative problem-solving approach.
- Ability to query from large data set in SQL, analyze and present data.
Competencies and Skills:
- Experience with innovative problem solving and strong analytical and quantitative abilities – especially in the fields of finance, statistics, and/or mathematical modeling.
- Experience communicating effectively to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Technical aptitude to learn new software quickly.
- Familiarity with the financial services industry is a plus.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals with minimum supervision.
- Fluency in reading, writing, and speaking English; additional languages a plus.
ABOUT VOLVO FINANCIAL SERVICES
Volvo Financial Services is the captive finance arm of the Volvo Group, providing financial services and solutions that meet the needs of our customers today and in the future. Dedicated to innovation, VFS is supporting society in its adoption of sustainable transport and equipment solutions. VFS is headquartered in Greensboro, North Carolina, USA, and serves Volvo Group customers and dealers in about 50 markets. For more information, please visit http://www.volvofinancialservices.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. The Volvo Group is headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden, employs almost 95,000 people and serves customers in more than 190 markets. In 2021, net sales amounted to SEK 372 billion (EUR 37 billion). Volvo shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.