Pushing boundaries for a sustainable future
The world is dealing with an environmental crisis and energy crisis, and we, as Vargas Holding’s latest venture, are actively creating a sustainable future. We provide renewable energy solutions to everyday homes to help them cut their dependency on oil and gas, electrify their energy consumption, and to control their energy bill. To solve the climate and energy crisis, we are at the forefront of creating innovative solutions that accelerate the creation of smart and sustainable homes.
Heating alone represents some 15% of the EU's CO2 emissions and switching to a sustainable energy solution is by far the easiest way for a household to make a real impact. That's why we are dedicated to developing solutions that not only combat these crises and create sustainable homes but also empower homeowners to take control of their energy consumption and save money on their energy bills.
Our goal is to cut homeowners’ dependency on fossil fuels and help them transition to clean, renewable energy sources. We make it possible for everyone to combat the climate crisis. With a firm belief in the power of innovation and technology, we build solutions for today’s challenges, and for those of tomorrow - for current and our next generations. By transforming local energy consumption, we will create a global transformation.
We are passionate about making a positive impact on the world, and we believe that by creating smart and sustainable homes, we can do just that. We hope you will join us in this important work as we strive to make a difference in the fight against the climate crisis.
About the role
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our brand-new central data engineering and data platform team. We are looking for somebody who can build shared data infrastructure elements and data pipeline pattern modules from ground up, the wrapping of them with CI/CD, IaC and similar practices, as well as develop and incubate specific data products and pipelines.
You and your team are responsible for the capabilities and pipelines to keep our data organized, accessible and served into an easily analysed format.
Your work will be key to optimizing the reliability and performance of our organization and the different teams. You will be a core member in building and maintaining our data mesh or lake, drive change in our development processes, engineer solutions to enhance features, and be a part of our data architecture to propel solutions to further levels.
Your other responsibilities include:
- Contribute to shaping our common, purpose-built data landscape, from early phases to global scale, including cloud infrastructure, data pipeline modules, schema management, data transformation, and the CI/CD, testing/deployment pipelines and IaC necessary.
- Develop end-to-end data pipelines to ingest, transform and serve data assets
- Collaborate with software product development teams to enable them autonomy in serving and consuming data in the landscape
- Introduce practices and tools to improve data reliability and performance
- Provide crucial data to adjust future business strategies
- Provide enriched data and analytics capabilities to enable discussions and motivate decisions
- Enable data- and AI-driven software, insights and informed decisions through serving data assets in an interoperable, agile and modern fashion
Who are you
From a technical perspective we would like you to have experience with:
- Data engineering and building pipelines from the ground up
- DevOps, CI/CD, IaC
- Deployment pipelines, branching and versioning practices
- Understanding and analysing Big Data Architecture
- Creating ELT/ETL pipelines ingesting and transforming data
- Creating data analysis tools and validation methods
- Building, testing, and maintaining database and pipeline architectures
- Experience with Java, SQL, Scala, Spark, and Python
- Experience with CICD and deployment pipeline principles
- Experience with data/analytics/ML in any major cloud platform (AWS, GCP, Azure)
As a person we would like you to be:
- Adaptable and hands-on solution while taking into account/having an interest for in the holistic perspective
- A quick learner with a willingness to share knowledge
- A strong communicator and teamplayer
What we offer
Besides a competitive salary and secondary benefits, we offer the opportunity to build a global company and product with true environmental impact. Our team is led by top engineers from IKEA, Volvo, Scania, Viaplay, and Kry, bringing a wealth of experience and expertise to the table.
As a member of our team, you'll have the chance to be a part of a fast-moving growth journey with far-reaching learning and development opportunities. You'll have the chance to work with some of the most talented and innovative professionals in the industry, dedicated to making a positive impact on the world through our products and services. You'll be able to contribute to the development of cutting-edge technology that has the potential to make a significant positive impact on the world.
In addition to the opportunity to contribute to a meaningful and impactful company, you'll also have access to ongoing learning and development opportunities to help you grow both personally and professionally. We believe that our team is our greatest asset, and we are committed to fostering a supportive and inclusive culture that empowers our employees to reach their full potential.
Whether you're an experienced professional or just starting out in your career, we believe that everyone has the potential to make a meaningful contribution to our mission. So, if you're passionate about building a better future and want to be a part of something special, we'd love to have you join us. So, come and join our team and be a part of building a truly global company with a product that makes a real difference in the world.
If you are interested in joining us in our mission to combat the climate crisis - send us your application today! If you have any questions regarding applications or else, contact me at [email protected]