Pushing boundaries for a sustainable future
The world is dealing with an environmental crisis and energy crisis, and we, as Vargas Holding’s latest venture, are actively creating a sustainable future. We provide renewable energy solutions to everyday homes to help them cut their dependency on oil and gas, electrify their energy consumption, and to control their energy bill. To solve the climate and energy crisis, we are at the forefront of creating innovative solutions that accelerate the creation of smart and sustainable homes.
Heating alone represents some 15% of the EU's CO2 emissions and switching to a sustainable energy solution is by far the easiest way for a household to make a real impact. That's why we are dedicated to developing solutions that not only combat these crises and create sustainable homes but also empower homeowners to take control of their energy consumption and save money on their energy bills.
Our goal is to cut homeowners’ dependency on fossil fuels and help them transition to clean, renewable energy sources. We make it possible for everyone to combat the climate crisis. With a firm belief in the power of innovation and technology, we build solutions for today’s challenges, and for those of tomorrow - for current and our next generations. By transforming local energy consumption, we will create a global transformation.
We are passionate about making a positive impact on the world, and we believe that by creating smart and sustainable homes, we can do just that. We hope you will join us in this important work as we strive to make a difference in the fight against the climate crisis.
About the role
We are looking for an Analytics Engineer to expand our brand-new central data engineering and data platform team with modern BI/analytics front-end skills. This is a person who enjoys working in the intersection of data-related technologies, business understanding, data-savvy business persons and other stakeholders.
The analytics engineer will:
- Define and kick-start our central practices with analytics tools for exploration, visualization and dashboarding as well as build specific reports, insights and dashboards. Both for one-off purposes and for standard reporting usecases.
- Be a key team member in defining and setting up the BI/exploratory analytics infrastructure and tooling, standing on top of the data backbone built by the data engineers in the same team.
- When necessary be involved in data mart creation, together with colleagues in the data team, creating intermediate ETL solutions to aggregate from data products into purpose specific analytic data sets.
Together the team will make the larger organization enabled in many ways to use data for insight, monitoring, exploration, data science and automation.
Other responsibilities of the analytics engineer include:
- Contributing to shaping our common, purpose-built data & analytics landscape, from early phases to large scale
- Collaborating with software product development teams to enable them autonomy in creating their own local insights and reports.
- Implementing and overseeing the access-tier data restriction model to give each user the right data access based on role and responsibility in a best-practice way.
Who are you
From a technical perspective we would like you to have experience with:
- SQL and DAX
- BI tools, preferably PowerBI but Looker/Data Studio, AWS Quicksight and other tool experience is also valuable
- Strong visualization and data explanatory skills
- Basic/intermediate ELT/ETL transforming of data to analytics-specific mart shapes with tools like dbt, dataform, SQL, Python
- Experience with data/analytics in any major cloud platform (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Any background in data back-end, software development, machine learning, Python coding is also valuable, but not needed
As a person we would like you to be:
- Adaptable and hands-on solution while taking into account/having an interest for in the holistic perspective
- Self-going and driven to solve business needs with data insights
- A quick learner with a willingness to share knowledge
- A strong communicator and teamplayer
- At home in the get-things-done early days of a company, while also understanding the perspectives of a more established future situation
What we offer
Besides a competitive salary and secondary benefits, we offer the opportunity to build a global company and product with true environmental impact. Our team is led by top engineers from IKEA, Volvo, Scania, Ericsson, Viaplay, H&M, and Kry, bringing a wealth of experience and expertise to the table.
As a member of our team, you'll have the chance to be a part of a fast-moving growth journey with far-reaching learning and development opportunities. You'll have the chance to work with some of the most talented and innovative professionals in the industry, dedicated to making a positive impact on the world through our products and services. You'll be able to contribute to the development of cutting-edge technology that has the potential to make a significant positive impact on the world.
In addition to the opportunity to contribute to a meaningful and impactful company, you'll also have access to ongoing learning and development opportunities to help you grow both personally and professionally. We believe that our team is our greatest asset, and we are committed to fostering a supportive and inclusive culture that empowers our employees to reach their full potential.
Whether you're an experienced professional or just starting out in your career, we believe that everyone has the potential to make a meaningful contribution to our mission. So, if you're passionate about building a better future and want to be a part of something special, we'd love to have you join us. So, come and join our team and be a part of building a truly global company with a product that makes a real difference in the world.
If you are interested in joining us in our mission to combat the climate crisis - send us your application today! If you have any questions regarding applications or else, contact me at [email protected]