Avalanche Studios Group is looking for a Backend Programmer to join our central technology organisation in Stockholm. You will work on the development of player-facing backend services powering our live service games with features such as authentication, data tracking, live service events scheduling, matchmaking and more. The services you will develop are used in both our AAA games and self-published games with millions of active users.
We utilize Google Cloud Platform (GCP) for hosting and running our back-end services. We're looking for someone skilled at managing large codebases shared across multiple products and experienced with cloud platforms like GCP, AWS, Azure, etc.
- Minimum 3+ years of professional backend programming experience
- Strong knowledge of backend programming in Go, Python, C# or Java
- Extensive experience with storage technologies such as MySQL, NoSQL, Redis or Memcache
- Extensive experience running services in commercial clouds or Kubernetes
- A great sense of technical excellence, functionality and problem-solving
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Experience in the Video Game industry
- C++ Previous work with high availability solutions
- Passionate about gaming
We provide goals, instead of instructions, and the opportunity to do the best work of your career.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we believe in worlds beyond limits, we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Everyone at Avalanche Studios Group has a shared responsibility to create an open and inclusive work environment where everyone is treated equally and with respect. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to Apply
We will only consider candidates who have submitted their CV and who can work from the office in Stockholm a few days a week.
To apply for this position, please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications on a rolling basis. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.