Northvolt is searching for highly talented simulation engineers to join our vibrant and growing team. With your experience in mechanical and thermal simulation, you will play an integral role in the design, validation, and qualification of our safe, long-lasting, high-performance lithium-ion batteries. This role will be based in Västerås.
At Northvolt, your responsibilities will include developing and validating mechanical and thermal models of lithium-ion batteries. You will then apply these models to help address internal and external project requirements. A proportion of your role will involve planning appropriate experiments for model validation and processing the resulting data.
This is your chance to contribute to the development of the world's greenest and most sustainable lithium-ion batteries.
- Perform mechanical and thermal simulations of lithium-ion batteries to support cell design, cell validation, and customer requirements
- Analyse and process experimental data for modelling purposes
- Parameterize and validate mechanical and thermal models of lithium-ion batteries
- Plan, organize, direct, and follow up on project-related modelling activities
- Execute engineering tasks defined within projects to meet schedule, budget, and specifications
Please apply with a CV in English and your complete LinkedIn profile. Full-time employment, fixed salary.
Skills & Requirements
• MSc degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Applied Mathematics, or a related field is a must. Alternatively, an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Excellent communication skills as you will be in constant interaction with international customers and team members from both the technical and business development side
• Experience performing mechanical and/or thermal simulations
- Basic programming experience in Python or MATLAB is a must
- Good knowledge of partial differential equation-based models and computational methods (e.g. finite-element method)
- Good understanding of standard physical modelling approaches (e.g. Cauchy stress, heat equation, etc.)
- Experience using a commercial multiphysics software (e.g. COMSOL, Star-CCM, Ansys, or similar)
- Experience performing tests on lithium-ion cells is a plus
- Work experience in the lithium-ion battery industry is a plus
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage a range of activities simultaneously
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently
- Ability to work under high pressure with tight deadlines
- Excellent written and oral English