- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Component Designer Software - Powertrain Control Systems
At Research & Development (R&D) you will be a key contributor to the next generation outstanding luxury cars from Volvo. Together with other engineers around the world, you and your team will create innovative human-centric car technology that makes life less complicated and more enjoyable for people. Are you interested in design and connected car technology? Do you share our passion for people, the environment and our urge to create a superior driving experience? Research and Development is the place for you to prosper.
Control Modules Transmission and All Wheel Drive is our group within the section Powertrain Control System. We have the overall hardware and software responsibility for Volvo Car Group's automatic transmissions, gear shifters, all-wheel drive and other powertrain related control modules. Using progressive technology and engineering, we are involved and responsible during all stages of the product development process; ranging from the research phase through concept phase, industrialisation and post production quality support. Volvo Car Group's vision is to develop cars in a more simulated and theoretical environment. To be able to create new test methods and test environments for the future, it puts demands on our creativity, willingness to change, courage and drive.
The Component Designer Software role is a part of Volvo Car Group's R&D. As a Component Designer you will create the basis for the software that we buy from our internal and external suppliers. You will create component requirement out of the system requirements that the System Designers allocate to our control systems. Over time you will build a broad technical knowledge of our components and get a wide network of contacts within the whole department. The Component Designer is also a support to the software responsible when it comes to questions from the supplier. Are you passionate about technology and find it motivating to work with a broad network of people? Join Powertrain as Component designer. At Powertrain, you are part of a global team with the task to create fantastic powertrains to all vehicles in our program.
* Ensuring that the technical requirements from the subsystems that are allocated to the control units are realized by software components
* Create component requirement out of the system requirements that the System designers allocate to our control systems
* Delivery of software requirement specification to software responsible on time with the correct status according to project plans
* Delivery of software component description to systems integrator according to Software-plan
* Maintenance of software component-structure in coordination with other Component Designer's according to architecture and variability needs
* Coordination and monitoring of end to end protection-usage and Virtual Function Cluster activation within the entire application
* University degree in software, mechatronics or relevant work experience
* Approximately 3-5 years relevant work experience
* Good understanding and experience of requirement process
* Experience from embedded systems, control and optimization
* Fluent in English (written and spoken)
* Experience from work in Elektra is meritorious
* Good communicator and social skills
* Willingness to actively participate in the team's common matters
* Interest in developing your role
* Self-driven and structured
About Volvo Car Group
The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo Car Group, our vision is clear: "To be the world's most progressive and desired luxury car brand" by simplifying people's lives. We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people onboard. People with passion, energy, business sense and the drive to innovate. People that want to create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment. We will support you to reach your full potential. Join us on this exciting journey into the future.
In this recruitment process we are collaborating with Randstad Professionals. If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact the responsible recruitment consultant Linda Anstrin at +46 729 889434 or by e-mail [email protected]. Note that applications by e-mail will not be accepted.
Interviews will be held continuously. To apply, please register your profile and attach your application documents via the link below as soon as possible but no later than March 22th, 2016.