- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
Sony Mobile Communications is a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation, a leading global innovator of audio, video, game, communications, key device and information technology products for both the consumer and professional markets. With its music, pictures, computer entertainment and online businesses, Sony is uniquely positioned to be the leading electronics and entertainment company in the world. Through its Xperia™ smartphone portfolio, Sony Mobile Communications delivers the best of Sony technology, premium content and services, and easy connectivity to Sony´s world of networked entertainment experiences. For more information: http://www.sonymobile.com
Do you want to be part of building the most entertaining smartphone?
The Multimedia team at Sony Mobile is looking for developers with dedication for multimedia and skills in C, C++ and java - preferably familiar with Android and hardware platforms for the mobile industries. The team is responsible for the heart of multimedia for the Sony Xperia Android smartphones. We own the multimedia framework which is covering/enabling various areas from audio, video, streaming, metadata storage, video recording, HDMI, Miracast, DLNA and works actively with; improving the Android codebase, extend the functionality and integrate/enable Sony technologies.
You will work in a highly experienced team with planning, designing, implementing and verifying the software components that will be used in future mobile devices. You will also be responsible for enhancing and maintaining existing software.
• Participate as an engineer in activities held by the Multimedia Framework teams.
• Support our projects with expertise in the Multimedia area.
• Coordinate work with our colleagues at other sites.
• Quality assurance activities (Test hours, manual and automated test cases, etc)
• Participate in evaluations, concepts and prototypes of new technologies.
• BS/MS in computer science or equivalent experience.
• Documented C/C++/Java programming.
• Good skills in platform development/debugging working closely with the hardware.
• Good communication skills and a team player.
• Self-driven problem solver and eager to learn.
• Professional spoken and written English.
• Knowledge within the multimedia area (ex: audio/video codec, camera, DSP...)
• Experience from using agile software development methods.
• Understanding of the mobile industry including key commercial and technical drivers from different domains.
• Open Source involvement.
If you think this position is interesting, you are welcome to send your application! The application should contain a short resume including a motivation of why you want this position and why you think you are a suitable candidate. Last day to apply is the 28th of September. Please send your application to [email protected].
For more information about the recruitment process, please contact recruiter Sofia Kronmann ([email protected])