- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
As a Network Programmer you will work with designers and programmers to create robust networked gameplay systems that support co-op and multiplayer game genre. This includes creating and using technologies, tools and systems in the areas of: distributed game state, both synchronous and asynchronous, that feature low latency and low bandwidth communications in either client-server or peer-to-peer architectures. The position is placed in Stockholm.
- You are responsible for delivering a great end-user experience together with your team
- You know how to balance functional and technical requirements in areas of performance and stability
- You make sure that any network implementation is robust over the internet
- Work closely with the design and gameplay team to develop the entire network portion of our game, with a focus on servers and back-end service infrastructure
- Create the back-end server infrastructure, including web, statistics, databases and game server hosting on 3rd party infrastructure
- Work with open source and middleware solutions when it makes sense
- Diagnose and fix complex player impacting problems within the live environment
- Setting up systems to deploy worldwide live updates minimal player downtime
- Create back-end solutions for competitive leaderboards with in-game, app and web consumers
- Implement advanced skill based and geographic matchmaking systems
- Setup deep user tracking, analytics, and supporting dashboards
Create load-testing suites and analysis; and drive towards solutions
You have at least 3 years of experience as network engineer in a game development team and prior experience working as a programmer on at least one shipped title.
- You have a strong passion for networking and understanding of what makes fun gameplay. You communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing.
To be successful in this position you have:
- Good knowledge of IP protocols and architecture including: TCP, UDP, RTP, RTSP
- Excellent C++ and socket level programming skills
- Good knowledge about multiplayer games, matchmaking, anti-cheating
- Good knowledge of HTTP, WebSockets, node.js
- Familiarity with performance profiling and debugging low level networking
- Familiarity with animation, physics and gameplay code in general
- Familiarity with git, svn, and other version control systems
Still reading? Great, because here comes the good part bit:
We offer you a position at a dynamic and rapidly growing company where we live and die by gameplay. While we grow, we want you to grow with us and to evolve in your professional development and make our games kick-ass within the gaming industry.
Sounds good? Then we can’t wait to meet you! We recommend that you apply as soon as possible, as interviews are held continuously.
Hur du söker jobbet
Notera att denna annons är publicerad via en av våra partners, där särskilda vilkor (krav på medlemskap, separat ansökning eller liknande) kan tillämpas.