- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
We are now looking for a student who wants to do a thesis work in the field of data mining and knowledge discovery in Finspång, Sweden.
What are my responsibilities?
Gas turbine maintenance programs are developed to manage the risk of operation. This risk management is performed based on the deterministic lifetime data and to improve it, it is necessary to assess the condition of the components during operation and compile the results into the lifetime calculation procedures to obtain lifetime distributions. This process to collect the condition of the components from the sites and explore the patterns within the collected data is called ?
The aim of this process is to build/use a tool and feed the inspection findings into the database together with all other relevant information to test hypotheses such as:
- Correlation between the operation profile and the suggested replacement date of the components
- Correlation between every specific failure mode and lifetime consumption rate
- Independency of the inspection findings to the inspector
- Distribution of every specific finding against the other interested parameters for example site geographical location, operation profile, fuel type and etc.
- Dependency of the inspection findings to the type of inspection (for every specific component)
- Dependency of the inspection finding to the engine type
- Probability of sooner replacement requirements comparing to the standard replacement interval (for every specific component)
The testing is to support or falsify hypotheses to find the strengths and weaknesses in today dataset to estimate how reliable the data is to estimate risk and how it can be improved to gain maximum information about the risks.
- Specification of the proper data mining technique according to the defined requirements
- Possible knowledge discovery methodology according to the specifications
- Risk assessment for the proposed methodology
- The set of rules and classifiers to do the pilot phase according to the proposed methodology
- Knowledge representation model (this is to provide the framework and samples of the suitable visualization of the discovered knowledge)
- Report on tested hypotheses and conclusions about how the dataset can be data mined or extended for maximum information about risks
What do I need to qualify for this job?
The applicant must have the higher university education in Data Mining, Knowledge Discovery, Knowledge Data Retrieval or similar areas. Having the undergraduate diploma in computer science is a plus. Minimum knowledge of Microsoft SQL server is necessary.
- Proactive and solution focused
- A good understanding of information models
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- High analytical skills coupled with high numerical skills
- Good understanding of the databases
- Good English skills
How do I apply?
For further information, please don?t hesitate to contact Davood Naderi, tel. +46 (0)122-842 66, email [email protected]. The recruitment process is ongoing so we are looking forward to your application, please make sure that you will apply before October 7th 2014.
Start according to agreement.