- Notera att ansökningsdagen för den här annonsen kan ha passerat. Läs annonsen noggrant innan du går vidare med din ansökan.
The Machine Directorate at the European Spallation Source (ESS) in Lund, Sweden, invites applications for a Software Developer.
Description of directorate/division
The Integrated Control System (ICS) division is responsible for the design, construction, commissioning and operation of control systems for the ESS facility including Accelerator, Target, Neutron Scattering Instruments and Conventional Facilities. The Controls Software Group within the ICS division has the responsibility to deliver relevant software components and solutions for many aspects of the ESS control system.
Description of main responsibilities
- Contribute to architecture design, development and testing of the SW infrastructure in the Integrated Control System (ICS) Division
- Develop, build and maintain the ICS Development environment using Ansible, Vagrant and Docker
- Take responsibility of the deployment automation, software updates and continuous integration infrastructures
- Participate in developing, building and maintaining centralised logging and monitoring systems for the control system using Logstash, Elasticsearch and PRTG
- Participate in the development of a software quality plan for the ICS division
- Write/build guidelines and enforce quality standards
- Develop and maintain integration and system tests
- A Master's degree in relevant field and/or other relevant education/experience
- At least two years' experience in Software development and/or system administration
- Good knowledge of Linux administration
- Experience with at least one high level programming language (Java/C++)
- Experience with shell scripts and Python
- Experience with distributed version control systems (Git)
- Experience with or background in testing and/or software qual
Experience of working in an international environment is essential.
Excellent oral and written English skills are a prerequisite; knowledge of other European languages would be an advantage.
Our work environment is characterised by fast growth, high rate of work, and an international atmosphere with highly academic personnel. You must therefore enjoy the diversity of such and have a personality suited for the challenges it holds. In this growing organisation you will have the possibility to take part in developing new routines and processes. Our work environment is exciting and forward thinking and relies heavily on personal initiative.
What ESS can offer
At ESS we offer people with talent and passion a unique opportunity to be involved in the development and building of a world leading facility for materials research. Besides attractive employment and relocation conditions, the flexibility to balance work life with private life and good opportunities to further enhance your skills; you will also enjoy being part of an organisational culture that promotes and supports internal career growth. We pride ourselves in having successful collaboration across different functions, and as the facility continues to grow we will keep nurturing the international and vibrant environment welcoming people from all across the world.
Duration & Location
The position is permanent with six months initial probationary period. Your work place will be situated in Lund, Sweden.
The position is to be filled as soon as possible.
Application & Contact
Please provide your curriculum vitae and cover letter in English by clicking on “apply” and following the instructions. Please note we only accept applications via the ESS website.
The deadline for applications is 14th of August 2016.
For more information regarding the ESS recruitment process, please follow this link https://europeanspallationsource.se/ess-recruitment-process. For further information regarding the position, please contact Susanne Regnell, susanne.regnell[at]esss.se. For further information regarding the recruitment process, please contact HR Officer, Sara Margaryan, at sara.margaryan[at]esss.se.